Secondary IF

Anyone have multiple m/c after healthy pregnancies?

I'm not sure I belong here but I thought I would give it a shot. I'm in tr process of my third m/c in 2 years. The first 2 were natural at 5w4d and 5w6d. This one is a missed m/c. The one sac showed a small membrane but no fetal pole or heartbeat. There was a second sac today that had "collapsed" and there was nothing in it. Im not sure if that means this pregnancy could have been twins or if it was just something else. 

Anyway, before all this I had 2 healthy uncomplicated pregnancies. I had no problems getting pregnant both times within the first 3 months of trying. After my second m/c my ob did very basic testing (one blood draw) and said everything was normal. I then lost a job and insurance so we took about 6 months off from trying. It was then that I started using opks (temping never works for me bc of sleep schedule). I realized I would start spotting every cycle around 7 dpo. I tried vitex which screwed up my cycles. It made them longer but no change in spotting. I then tried b6 and that stopped spotting until 10 dpo. I spoke with new ob who drew blood again and said everything was fine. Spottin eventually moved to 11dpo with af on 12 dpo. It took 6 months to change this. We got pg and at dating u/s learned it was a missed m/c.

I have an appt Monday to discuss options on this pg since I have not yet started to miscarry. After my levels drop and my body is back to normal I would like to push for more testing to try to see what is going on that I can't seem to sustain a pregnancy beyond 4-5 weeks.

I guess this is more of an introduction. Anyone in a similar boat?

Thanks for reading.  

Wonderful DS#1 9/14/06** Wonderful DS#2 3/29/08**

Natural m/c 3/28/10 5w6d** Natural m/c 9/4/10 5w4d**

BFP: 2/27/12. u/s showed blighted ovum at 9wks Natural m/c started 4/11, cytotec 4/13/12 (at 12 wks). **

First appt with RE 5/7. Testing complete. Dx: luteal phase defect

BFP 10/25/12. u/s on 11/16 confirms heartbeat image

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone have multiple m/c after healthy pregnancies?

• I haven't suffered a miscarriage. I can only imagine how difficult that must be. But I do know how it feels to not be able to figure out what the reproductive problem exactly is. I hope that you and your doctors can soon identify the problem so you can find a solution.  Please keep us updated as you search for answers. 
    TTC #2 for 18 months RE for 7 months progesterone=BFN/ clomid=BFN/ IUI#1 with clomid =BFN laparoscopy-Diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. IUI#2 letrozole/follistim combo...baby #2 due 3/23/2013
  • ::ticker warning::

I used to be a poster on 2IF :) 

I had my DS without any issues, no m/c previous to him.  So when we started to TTC #2 we were shocked when I had 6 chemical pregnancies within 15 months of trying.  I had lots of spotting pre-AF too.  I was tested for everything under the sun (except karyotyping for translocation issues between DH and I).  All was normal except for the MTHFR gene mutation which according to my RE "wasn't my issue and wouldn't have cause the chemical pregnancies".  My uterus had no abnormalities, my labs all came back fine.  My hormone levels all normal. 

The RE suspected that I had a luteal phase defect although my LP was within normal range...so we tried progesterone support starting 3dpo.  I did that and went on to have another c/p. 

Then my RE suspected I may have eggs that matured for too long before being released so she wanted to try clomid to bump up the O time.  We did 100 mg on CD3-7 paired with an IUI just to increase our chances (DH's sperm count and motility was awesome) and we got pregnant.  I fully expected to have another c/p.  I didn't and I'm now almost 23 weeks.

So who knows what really was going on with me....the clomid did make me ovulate earlier than my normal time so maybe there was something going on with the "held on too long" eggs?  I guess I'll never know since we are not trying for another baby.

I hope you find answers and good luck!  The ladies on this board are awesome for support.  Try not to lose hope, but I know how hard it is and discouraging.  So sorry for your losses too ((hugs))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I got pregnant with my DS after only a couple of months of trying and had a pretty uneventful pregnancy till about 32 weeks and then had him at 33 weeks.  Since having him in 2006 I have had a loss in 2009 and one in 2011.  First one I was 11 weeks and then 2nd was at about 4 weeks.  Unfortunately, my diagnosis for my SIF is Asherman's Syndrome so that is why they think I am having a hard time holding on to pregnancies and getting pregnant.  Good luck :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had no issues getting pg with my son or had any losses before him. I've since had 2 m/cs, so yeah, I'm in your boat.  

Sorry we're here! Hope you get pg again soon.  ((hugs))

• I had 2 early losses before DD1 and 1 early loss before DD2. I didn't see RE until we were trying for our second. I was able to.get RPL testing from my OB which revealed a clotting disorder that was not believed.to cause early loss but could've caused later losses if not discovered. My RE believes egg quality was causing my issues and gave me Femara which worked for me.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We had DD with no issues, and like ElectricDoctor we were surprised to miscarry (3x) when trying for #2. I had a missed m/c followed by a chemical pregnancy followed by a missed m/c that turned out to be a molar pregnancy (and required a repeat D&C). I transferred care to an RE and between my OB and RE I had every test done imaginable, including HSG/SGH, etc. Everything came back normal, except for a MTHFR mutation that we did not believe was a factor. For a next attempt I started 81mg aspirin and 4mg folic acid in preparation for pregnancy. I added progesterone cream on 3 DPO (because in a testing cycle I had low progesterone though I think that month was a fluke), and we added 30mg lovenox daily upon BFP. I am now 17 weeks and doing well. We don't (and never will know) if any of the drugs are actually making a difference, but I just couldn't go info another pregnancy without doing something different. 

Hang in there.  I know it may, at times, seem like things may never look up. There are many success stories out there and positivity can only help. I always tried to be of the mindset that there is a baby out there who is meant to be my baby #2. The three pregnancies didn't work out for me because those are not the babies that I was meant to raise. Hopefully this one will be, but i believe that when I have baby #2, it will all have been for a reason. Chin up mama. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes, this is me too. i just have one dc, but had no problems at all getting pg. got pg first month trying off of bc. did you have a csection by any chance? i did and that is what we think is causing our issues. let me know if you did, if so i would like to talk to you more. i have the same spotting. i have had 4 early miscarriages since trying for #2. 
  • Beachbum1980- I did not have a c section either either child. Both were born vaginally. I've never had any type of surgery or procedures. 
    Wonderful DS#1 9/14/06** Wonderful DS#2 3/29/08**

Natural m/c 3/28/10 5w6d** Natural m/c 9/4/10 5w4d**

BFP: 2/27/12. u/s showed blighted ovum at 9wks Natural m/c started 4/11, cytotec 4/13/12 (at 12 wks). **

First appt with RE 5/7. Testing complete. Dx: luteal phase defect

BFP 10/25/12. u/s on 11/16 confirms heartbeat image

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I had two early miscarriages in 2007, then had a completely uncomplicated pregnancy that resulted in my healthy son in 2008.  Since then I have had two more miscarriages. After the 3rd loss, we stopped trying for over two years, so I am not sure what would have happened had we continued.  I am now seeing an RE, but my losses are still unexplained.

PS - I did have a C-section with my son but had two losses before that, so am pretty sure that's not my issue.

TTC #2 - History of unexplained RPL. 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 1 amazing son. 2/2007 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks; 4/2007 - Miscarriage at 5 weeks; 6/11/2008 - Little "Destroyer" is born; 8/2009 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks; 10/2011 - Miscarriage at 6.5 weeks; 6/2012 - Blighted Ovum diagnosed at 7.6 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"