Success after IF
Options

ok, now I'm freaking. polyhydramnios, anyone have this- sixres?

I was so focused on my contractions yesterday that I didn't think much about the fact that they need me to come back for another scan this week for excess fluid. I asked if it was a problem and the NP said no....but today I googled and did not like what I saw. Causes could be birth defects, infection, or diabetes. I'm a littler freaked since I had that weird virus back in november. Anyone else have this? Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ok, now I'm freaking. polyhydramnios, anyone have this- sixres?

• Options

I did.  I found out right around 36 weeks.  My dr. told me that the majority of the time it comes without those other causes.  It just sort of happens for no reason.  I didn't have diabetes or any infections.  My daughter is healthy.   I did have high blood pressure and ended up with pre-eclampsia, but the dr.s swore they weren't related.  

I did have a TON of water when it finally broke.... but that was it.  My daughter is perfectly healthy (knock on wood).  I know it's nerve racking.  I think it's just a fluke most of the time.

Hang in there, you are almost done! 

dx'd with severe endo and poor egg quality 3 IUIs were all BFN IVF #1 = c/p IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = beautiful baby girl born 2/2011; 8/2011 Surprise BFP - natural m/c at 8w; TTC #2 2011-2012; 2 IUIs = BFN; IVF #1 = BFP 9dp5dt beta = 328; 11dp5dt = 650; 13dp5dt = 1114; 18dp5dt = 4747 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My BFF's mom had it with him... And he is perfect and incredibly talented :) his mom said that when her water broke on the way to the hospital it filled the wheel well of her car and then overflowed it... Eww!!!  I hope yours ends up being another story of no big deal besides the mess :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ava always had a ton of fluid, and at the end of my pregnancy, it was bordering on abnormal.  I was freaking out, but my doc basically told me that *someone* has to be on the upper limit of average.  Ava was perfectly healthy.  Sorry you have to even think about this!  I'm sure everything is just fine!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options
    I was leaking fluid with Penny for a few days before I had her...and when they broke my water the amount was insane!  They had to use a vacuum to get it all off the bed and floor! 
  • Options
    Wow. How did you remember that, from over 3 years ago?! Yes, I had it. I freaked out too after googling it. There HAD to be a reason, right? Well, everything was fine and he was peeing ok and didn't have any problems. We found it earlier at like 30 weeks. I was so worried about my water breaking and a prolapsed cord. However, even with ALL the fluid, they had to break my water at 9.5 cm. Are they saying you have poly b/c of how you're measuring or they already did an u/s? I'm sure all is fine and everything will be perfect!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJillRock96:
    Ava always had a ton of fluid, and at the end of my pregnancy, it was bordering on abnormal.  I was freaking out, but my doc basically told me that *someone* has to be on the upper limit of average.  Ava was perfectly healthy.  Sorry you have to even think about this!  I'm sure everything is just fine!

This was true for me with Luke too.  My OB pretty much explained that it could be bc he was on the larger side or he was larger and therefore needed more water (kind of chicken or the egg).  Step away from dr google though.  You're 37 weeks so I would imagine that if there was some underlying issue they would have seen 'somethning' by now and if the baby were at any risk from infection or something like that thu would deliver at this point and since they're not I'm sure there's no reason to be alarmed.  

Oh and yes when my water broke there was a TON of it!! 

TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had it.  Discovered around 32w at my NSTs.

I had GD (very controlled with diet)

no other issues.

Funny thing:  at my c/s, when they cut into me - apparently I squirted like a fountain.   I just heard them all go "Woah!"   and them the splat of water hitting the floor.   Then everyone laughed.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"