2nd Trimester
Options

Still throwing up/ no weight gain

My OB is finally concerned that I am only up 1 pound. I am pretty sure it is because I am still throwing up and having food aversions! Anyone else still throwing up? I am getting more Zofran so hoping that helps, but the last few times I took it I still puked :( 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Still throwing up/ no weight gain

• Options

I had lost 3lbs during the first tri, and gained those 3 back leaving no real weight gain.  At my 19 week appt, my OB said he wasn't worried about and I should start gaining at this point.  So, I guess we'll wait and see if that happens. 

I only gained 19lbs with DS and he said a couple of times in the 30 week area that I needed to try and gain a couple more pounds, but he was never concerned. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG you poor thing, I hope they find something that helps you! I didn't have morning sickness at all so I don't really have any advice.
    chasechristmas

Chase Matthew born at 35 weeks on July 31st

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've lost 15lbs since being pregnant, and have not gained nothing yet =/ hopefully I start soon.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

As of my 16 week appointment I was still 5 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight. I am still mildly nauseous every day but luckily I haven't thrown up recently--and as a plus, I have gone a couple days with no Unisom at night, and so far so good! I used to severely regret not taking it if I missed a night.

My problem is that I am simply not hungry, ever. Rarely do I feel hungry. This is very uncomfortable for someone who has dealt with a lifetime of food addiction and constant hunger--I sort of trained myself out of it, but until my early 20's I wouldn't feel full until I was literally about to get sick from food overload. I love food so much and usually get so much enjoyment out of it, so just NOT being hungry is the strangest thing for me, even though it has been going on since 6 weeks.

Because I'm losing weight I haven't been too careful about watching the calories of what I do eat. I'm not inhaling bags of Doritos, but... the only thing I have been craving is burritos. Chipotle, Qdoba, Burrito Beach... I just want burritos. One a day and I'm good. So, not the most healthy thing, but if it's all I can eat, there are vegetables and dairy and protein at least. Unfortunately I can't do it EVERY day so I am left picking in the kitchen for anything at all that doesn't make me dry heave just thinking about it.

Also, since water makes me gag, I have been drinking a lot of juice and sweet tea. So there are more calories that I'm taking in but STILL losing weight. It sucks! 

I have so much weight to lose but now isn't the time to do it :( I'm thinking the docs will start raising concerns at my 20w appointment on the 9th. So far they haven't been worried at all. 

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Options
    I lost 7 pounds in the first four months and I have only gained 2 back. I was having severe morning sickness I could not eat of drink and was in and out of the hospital with IV's  =(   I can finally eat on some days but I am still throwing up too. I am still on Zofran daily. I will be 21 weeks tomorrow .. with twins. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

Sorry to hear this! I was so sick 1st trimester too it was horrible! I lost 2 pounds in the beginning then it got better. Now up a bit so I'm happy. Hope zofran works- its a great drug!

Alicia 

• Options
    I'm at 20w and still on Zofran once a day so that I can get that first bit of food down. I still throw up stomach acid every morning and my weight flutters around -20lbs from my PP weight. Personally, I've found out that no matter what time I wake up, I'll probably be sick until about noon so I try to just keep things calm until I start to feel better. Good luck!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am still down about 4 lbs from my 9 lb loss during 1st tri... Still having food aversions, but not throwing up more than once per week or so. I come pretty close, but can usually control it now (it's worst during brushing my teeth)..

They didn't have any problems with my weight at my 12 wk appt, but I have another appt tomorrow (I'll be 18w4d) so we'll see what they have to say. 

My friend was very thin to begin with, only gained about 12 lbs during her pregnancy due to hyperemesis, and most of it was during the last trimester. She delivered a 7lb 9oz little girl last week at 39w and everyone was healthy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm tardy to the party here, but had to add that I'm 25 weeks now, still have no appetite, and down about 10 lbs prom PP weight. My midwives aren't concerned because baby is growing like she should, and I'm only puking about 3x a week now. Feeling like crap sucks, but isn't always harmful to your LO.

1999: Met The Boy
    2005: Started dating
    2009: Got married
    2012: Welcomed our baby girl
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"