3rd Trimester

Called in sick today...work tomorrow?? Advice needed

It all sarted at abot 10am yesterday morning, at work, I got super hot all of the sudden and my head started pounding and I felt completely neausious. I was so hot I had to open both office windows and was still sweating, everyone else was freezing as it was about 40 degrees yesterday. After work I came home and took a 2hr nap and started feeling a llittle better so tried eating dinner. (I hadn't eaten all day for fear of throwing up at work)...BIG mistake, neautiousness returned along with terrible stomach cramps. This continued off and on all night and when my alarm went off this morning I felt completely like crap! But I was determined that I was going to try to go to work, as I HATE being sick from work. As soon as I got out of bed...BLAH had to stumble to the toilet and then after had around of extreme stomach cramps....laid on the bathroom floor until my husband came and helped me back to bed. He then told me not to go to work. So I called off at 6am and I don't think my boss is super happy about it, but there was no way I was going to make it in. Went back to sleep for about 3 hours and got a message from my boss that one of the other girls offered to work for me tomorrow morning but I have to let them know in the next couple hours. I have no idea how I'm going to feel tomorrow...should I take the help and extra day to recover??  If I feel ok tomorrow and I don't work then I'll feel stupid for not working when I could have....but I also don't want to pass a stomach bug around work . WDYT? WWYD?? I need some advice as I have a tendency to push myself too far when it comes to work and my dr. keeps yelling at me for it. I don't want to end up on bedrest, nor do I want my job to not hire me back after I have the baby (I don't qualify for maternity leave so I have to quit and be rehired).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker MrsMommie

Re: Called in sick today...work tomorrow?? Advice needed

• I'd take the extra day off even if you feel better tomorrow you won't feel great after being down today and not eating. Plus I know most bosses would rather have you say today you won't be in tomorrow than call off again in the morning.

On top of that being pregnant you want to make sure not to push yourself too far, and you need to try to drink so you don't get dehydrated and end up in the er. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Stay HOME.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Loading the player...
  • Choose the health of you and your baby over your job please
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You're pregnant, it's not just your health but baby's to worry about as well. I doubt your boss was unhappy, more likely concerned - gauging by your post & the fact you're beating yourself up, you seem like a dedicated employee (I can relate).

But your's& baby's health come first! Take the extra day & see your Dr.!!

• I'm sorry, but I am laughing so hard right now. Neausious? What is that? If you had a lesser post count I'd call MUD in a heartbeat 
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • imagegisa886:
    I'm sorry, but I am laughing so hard right now. Neausious? What is that? If you had a lesser post count I'd call MUD in a heartbeat 

Wow rude much?!?! Sorry not all of us spell all that well, especially when sick or posting from a phone.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Thank you ladies for your advice (most of you). I took the day off today and my boss has told me just to let her know how I'm feeling tomorrow. She informed me to take tomorrow off if I'm not feeling 100% and to take the extra day if needed instead of worrying about work. I haven't been able to eat or drink much, both activities make me vomit, so I will be calling my dr. office first thing tomorrow, as my husband believes I may be dehydrated. No fun being sick ever, let alone when prego!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker MrsMommie
  • imagebellelamb:

imagegisa886:
    I'm sorry, but I am laughing so hard right now. Neausious? What is that? If you had a lesser post count I'd call MUD in a heartbeat 

Wow rude much?!?! Sorry not all of us spell all that well, especially when sick or posting from a phone.  

There is no excuse.  

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"