January 2011 Moms

Will you take your kid/kids to Disney World?

and when/ what age?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Will you take your kid/kids to Disney World?

• We want to wait until they are a little older. We're thinking of just taking Aiden and Emily the summer they are 6 & 4. Leaving the baby with my parents. Then we'd go again a couple years after that when the baby is older so 8, 6 & 4.

My BIL & SIL take their kids every year and then stay a few days on the beach. We plan to go with them, so the kids can all have fun together. Plus since they know their way around it will be easier to navigate. H has never gone, and I went with my family when I was 13.

• Yes! I'm taking them as soon as I think they can handle it. I love going, and as a teen went 3-4 times a year since my stepmom works there. I can't wait to make those kinds of memories with my boys! I'd go every year if I could.
  • Loading the player...
  • My plan is that we go in the fall of 2015.  Joshua will be almost 5.  Justin will be a freshman in college.  If we choose to go before then we would not be able to go in the fall due to school. I've heard the first or second week of December are some of the least crowded weeks.  Justin went in the fall of his 3rd grade year with his best friends family. 

DH is already looking at the Disney site and talking about going.  I don''t know that we'll get to hold out until when I plan to go.

• Yes! We definitely want to go before we get moved again. It'll probably be some time in 2014, after DH gets back from deployment.

We are debating going in January for DD's 2nd birthday. If we do go, we'll bring grandparents so we can still go on rides. My SM doesn't go on anything remotely scary and has already offered about a hundred times to come with us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes!  I can't wait!  We will wait until he is older though.  We have already talked to SIL about going when she has kids.  I think it would be a great trip to make as a family.  I have only been once and DH has never been.  I know that he can't wait to go either. 
  • When my oldest is 5/DD is 4.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Absolutely, just not sure when. My in-laws offered to take us so I guess it depends when they want to go. I hope it's when the kids are about 4 and 5. Although, I'd like to go again when they are closer to 8 and 9+ cause I think they'd enjoy it a bit more.
  • Hopefully in 5 or 6 years we will go.

• we are close to Disneyland, and we took DD1 there all the time even before I think she really remembered. We will take DD2 this fall for her first time and even though she will be really young still I think she will enjoy it.

On the plus side Disneyland is only an hour drive for us, so IF we ever make it to DisneyWorld we will definetly wait until the kids are older. That is a cross country trip for us and I want to make  sure they really enjoy the experience!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes - DH actually really wants to go because we went there on our first trip together (the one in Florida, I always forget which is which), when we were dating about 6 months and not officially serious. They asked if we wanted to personalize a brick in this wall. It was kind of this weird moment and  when I said no 'cause I thought it was kind of a weird commitment to make at that point. He told me that we'd go back with our kids one day and do it then.

So I guess when we think we're done having kids? I don't know when.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • We are going in December.  I don't care if he can't remember it...it's my money and i'll spend it how I want :)  Sorry but I hate when people judge you for taking a baby when they are young.

Plus, I know he will enjoy it and I'm super excited for him to meet mickey!! 

• imageRosieBcheeks98:

We are going in December.  I don't care if he can't remember it...it's my money and i'll spend it how I want :)  Sorry but I hate when people judge you for taking a baby when they are young.

Thats the same thing on 9-12 when some ppl were like ZOMG why are you throwing a first bday party?! Why bother!? Cause I want to, dang it.

• I think we need to have a Jan11 Reunion GTG in 2015.
  • imageRosieBcheeks98:

We are going in December.  I don't care if he can't remember it...it's my money and i'll spend it how I want :)  Sorry but I hate when people judge you for taking a baby when they are young.

My reasoning with waiting til they're older is we have more than one. If it was just Aiden I know he'd have had fun going at 2 years old, but at that time we also had a 6 month old. I know we could take this baby when they are 2 but I think the other kids would enjoy it more if we didn't have to worry about diaper changes and nap time you know? I agree you money do what you want! My IL's have taken their boys every year since they were 18 months old.

• imageLovee+2:

we are close to Disneyland, and we took DD1 there all the time even before I think she really remembered. We will take DD2 this fall for her first time and even though she will be really young still I think she will enjoy it.

On the plus side Disneyland is only an hour drive for us, so IF we ever make it to DisneyWorld we will definetly wait until the kids are older. That is a cross country trip for us and I want to make  sure they really enjoy the experience!

This. We are close to Disneyland. We will probably get passes next year. Eventually we will go to DW. 

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageffejsGirl:

My reasoning with waiting til they're older is we have more than one. If it was just Aiden I know he'd have had fun going at 2 years old, but at that time we also had a 6 month old. I know we could take this baby when they are 2 but I think the other kids would enjoy it more if we didn't have to worry about diaper changes and nap time you know? I agree you money do what you want! My IL's have taken their boys every year since they were 18 months old.

Yes

I think if you're going more than once, then it's not a huge deal to take one of them at a young age. In my case, we went when I was 3, my sister was 7. I don't remember ANY of it, but my parents wouldn't take me again because I'd already been there (yes, money was a factor too, but still I wish they had waited until both of us could've enjoyed it). Then my sister got to go 3 more times on various school trips that I also missed out on because we moved out of state before I reached those grades. I have made it up to myself in my adult life by going as many times as possible.

• imageRosieBcheeks98:

I am right there with you!  We are actually going this summer because WE want to go!  Both DH and I love Disney so we want to go for vacation, so of course we are going to bring DD along! 

• Neither Dh or I have ever been, and we will definitly go.  I think DS will probably be a few years older.  This summer we are taking him to Sesame Place because we will be near it on a car ride and it sounded fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"