January 2011 Moms

deleted bach post

I deleted the bachelorette party post 'cause it was just too long. The gist is that DH is in a wedding in October. The bride is kind of bridezilla-y and thinks that her wedding is the most important thing ever.

I can't make it to most of her bachelorette party, which is a weekend trip (and by the way, I really hate those), and I'm worried that if I don't make the 2.5 hour drive each way just so I can be there for 2 hours she'll be annoyed.

I guess she spoke to someone about it 'cause she just texted that it might not be the end of the world if I can't make it (when I first told her she said that if I'm not there I can't go to her wedding) and that I can just take her out another time. Confused

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: deleted bach post

• i totally missed that post.

• take her out another time...wf!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, ok, tell her you'll take her out on Janufebmar 33, 3013.

• I missed the post but agree with MrsLynnyD- take her out that date. 

To me a weekend trip sounds kind of overblown but I have much simpler ideas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I read the OP but didn't reply because I was already in bed. I wouldn't go. The girl sounds like a huge B.
  • imageMrsLynnyD:

Yeah, ok, tell her you'll take her out on Janufebmar 33, 3013.

Yes

• yeah no, she's an ungrateful b*tch.  If you DID kill yourself to make it for 2 hours, I would bet $50,000 nest dollars that she'd spend the whole time you were there glaring and not talking to you, and once you left she would immediately start bashing you.  Don't go through the trouble, imo.
  • I don't know that she'd start bashing me because she knows the reasons why I couldn't go earlier (I am Jewish and observant so I don't do certain things on Saturdays - she knows this and we're already making huge sacrifices for her wedding). Plus, our husbands are really close and I think she's scared of screwing it up (I also don't want to screw it up because I know the friendship means a lot to DH and in the past few years his group of friends kind of fell apart).

In general, I just find this weekend events annoying. I think their fine if you are going with a group of people who are all friends. But I think it's kind of insane when it's a bunch of people who don't really know each other and when some have kids. If I'm spending a night away from my family, I want to be out with my friends, ya know?

And just 'cause I think it's nuts: In the original post I added that she told me I'm not allowed to be pregnant at her wedding. Every time we hang out she and her FH ask us when we're planning on having more kids. Does she really think she gets a say in when her wedding guests have kids?!?! It wouldn't even be ok if I were IN the wedding!!

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • imageRedZee:

I don't know that she'd start bashing me because she knows the reasons why I couldn't go earlier (I am Jewish and observant so I don't do certain things on Saturdays - she knows this and we're already making huge sacrifices for her wedding). Plus, our husbands are really close and I think she's scared of screwing it up (I also don't want to screw it up because I know the friendship means a lot to DH and in the past few years his group of friends kind of fell apart).

In general, I just find this weekend events annoying. I think their fine if you are going with a group of people who are all friends. But I think it's kind of insane when it's a bunch of people who don't really know each other and when some have kids. If I'm spending a night away from my family, I want to be out with my friends, ya know?

And just 'cause I think it's nuts: In the original post I added that she told me I'm not allowed to be pregnant at her wedding. Every time we hang out she and her FH ask us when we're planning on having more kids. Does she really think she gets a say in when her wedding guests have kids?!?! It wouldn't even be ok if I were IN the wedding!!

Say what?  She is nuts!

• Yes, I had a friend who said I better not get during her wedding. We are not friends anymore. Same friend who asked everyone in the wedding party to chip in 25 per person for the limo.  Talk about a Bridezilla.

Tell her you can't go and be done with it. Thats redic.

• I bet her and my cousin (who I vented about last week) would get along great. they both sound crazy! Don't waste your time going, it will be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"