Success after IF
Options

Update to my hospital post

First, I just want to thank each and every one of you kind-hearted women for your T&Ps. I appreciate the support so, so much. They have determined that I got a severe case of food poisoning, and given my Crohn's and how much small intestine I'm lacking, my body could not cope, and my potassium levels plummeted quickly, causing my muscles to seize and become temporarily paralyzed. I spent the night getting tons of IV fluids, potassium and magnesium and am feeling much better. I have to be on a heart monitor a little longer because apparently such low levels of potassium can be dangerous for the heart. Poor DH also ended up getting admitted last night after he started vomiting and spiked a fever! They believe either the turkey burgers with avocado or the green salad with veggies that we made and ate on Thursday night are to blame. Figures, since I always make sure to buy organic! Ironic. But it looks like we're going to be just fine and are probably getting discharged today. Thank you again, so very much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update to my hospital post

• Options
    Oh how terrible!!  So glad you are all on the mend!!
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options
    I am so glad you are feeling better... Food poisoning is the worst.. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a horrible way to spend a Friday night but thank goodness it was "just" food poisoning.  Wishing you both a very speedy recovery.
  • Options
    That's awful! Glad you're getting better though, and that it was "just" food poisoning.
    Married 09/04/04 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OH Man what a scary 24hrs! So glad you are doing better!
    Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • Options

imageGypsyEsq:
    What a horrible way to spend a Friday night but thank goodness it was "just" food poisoning.  Wishing you both a very speedy recovery.

This. Glad your on the mend.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad they found out what's going on! Yes, potassium deficiency can mess with your heart rhythm, but I'm sure they're giving you more potassium to replace what you lost. Hope you feel much better very soon.
  • Options
    glad everything is ok!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Feel better.   
  • Options
    Glad you are both on the mend and you should be home today!
  • Options
    epphdepphd member
    oh.my.god!  I can't believe what horrible luck that is! SOOOO glad you are both on the mend. 

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options
    I just read your post...how incredibly scary!!!   I am so sorry...   I just can't imagine.   And your DH, too?   That is some serious food poisoning!!!  I am so very glad you are feeling better!  Hope you guys are home with your baby girl soon!
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Glad you're feeling better! 

• Options
    I didn't get a chance to respond yesterday, but I'm glad you are feeling better and that your DD was able to stay with you especially with your DH being admitted!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, E, I just saw your hospital post. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. How very scary. I'm glad to hear they figured out what was going on and that you'll get to go home soon. Many t&p!!
  • Options
    Oh my gosh -- so frightening!  I'm so glad that it wasn't something that your little one could catch!  Hope you are both feeling better soon!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options
    Glad to hear you're starting to feel better.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh, man!  That sounds awful!  I'm glad you are on the mend, though!
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So glad that both of you are feeling better!
  • Options
    JenCWJenCW member
    Hoping that by the time you read this you (and your hubby) are back home and continuing your recovery.  Food poisoning is terrible, but so glad it wasn't something much worse!  
  • Options
    Oh, thank goodness they figured it out!  I hope you are feeling better!!
    Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Options
    Glad you two are on the mend but WOW that is quite the story!!!  Feel better soon!
    dx'd with severe endo and poor egg quality 3 IUIs were all BFN IVF #1 = c/p IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = beautiful baby girl born 2/2011; 8/2011 Surprise BFP - natural m/c at 8w; TTC #2 2011-2012; 2 IUIs = BFN; IVF #1 = BFP 9dp5dt beta = 328; 11dp5dt = 650; 13dp5dt = 1114; 18dp5dt = 4747 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    you poor thing! i am so glad you are doing better. keep us posted.
  • Options
    You poor things!  Glad you are feeling better!
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options

Food poisoning can be scary stuff!  I'm so glad you guys are getting better!

(((Hugs)))

• Options
    Goodness, honey!  Hope you all are feeling well soon!
  • Options
    Glad you are feeling better and glad they figured it out!
  • Options
    I must have missed your earlier post.  Oh my goodness, how scary for you!!  I'm glad you and DH are both on the mend. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Wow! Glad they figured it out. Get some rest!! You poor thing.

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• Options
    Oh how awful! So glad you all are on the mend!
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm glad you have some answers, and I hope that you feel better.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wow, that is really scary! i am glad they figured out what the problem was and have been able to treat you.  
  • Options
    How scary! I am so glad that you are alright!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

Wow, that is scary! So glad they found out what was causing it. Get well soon!

• Options
    How horrible for both of you!  I'm glad you're doing better!  Rest up.
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MAK06MAK06 member
    Oh my goodness!!!  I've just been catching up and so sorry to hear what you've gone through!!  That must've been insanely terrifying.  I'm so glad that things got quickly diagnosed and turned around.  Hope you and your hubby are back to normal in no time!

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So scary! I am so glad that you guys are doing better!!!
  • Options
    i hope you guys are feeling better soon. 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards