Secondary IF

Newbie question and hello

Hi everyone...I was wondering if someone could tell me more about progesterone suppositories.  Specifically, what has your experience been like? Any side effects?  How long did you take them?  When did you take them?  Anything else you can share would be great.

Background:  Seems like I can get pg with the help of Clomid but have trouble staying PG. We've been trying for Baby #2 for about a year...we're now seeing an RE and it's going well (IMO).  I've had all the testing (looked good), took clomid CD3-7, estridol days 8-12, trigger shot on day 16 (which was when I got my peak reading on the CBEFM), and started progesterone on CD18.  I know that I'll use them until I either get my BFP or my period.  I'm just not loving the whole nighttime process.  I feel really "drippy" and gross. (Sorry).  I know it's a small price to pay for a solid start to a PG but I'm wondering if maybe I'm doing something wrong.  

Thanks!

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
imageimage
imageimage

Re: Newbie question and hello

• I used progesterone suppositories when I was pg with my son.  I also used Clomid to conceive him.  I didn't start until after I found out I was pg though.  I used them through the entire first trimester.  Drippy and gross is exactly how I would describe how I felt.  Other than that, I didn't have any unpleasant side effects.  Good luck!
  • I have no experience with progesterone, but I'm interested to see the responses. I just started clomid in Aug, and it seemed to help me get pregnant 2 times, but both resulted in early m/c. I will be meeting with my RE in a couple of weeks, and want to learn more about progesterone and what it could for me for future pregnancies.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have used the pills that you put under your tongue, suppositories, and PIO (shots). The suppositories are just messy! I am sure you aren't doing anything wrong. I didn't have any side effects either. I hope it works for you!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• I have been on progesterone supps for a while. In terms of side effects, I hate that they mimic pregnancy symptoms (sore breasts for me, nausea, tiredness). I know what you mean about the drippy feeling at night...I wear a pantyliner at night to help with that. I used them for the first trimester with my DD and kinda got used to them after a while. Good luck!
  • Thanks for all the responses!  I really appreciate it. It's nice to know that I'm not doing it wrong...and that my side effects are normal.  Luckily they aren't severe.  I'm just praying that this all works.  I don't know if I can take another 'no'. 
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Hey there  Wink

Yup, they are messy, messy, messy. They should give you panty liners with your prescription.

Thinking of you this cycle!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"