Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Feeling overwhelmed...

Anyone else out there feel just as soon as they feel like they are getting the hang of being a mom, something changes and you feel like you are starting over :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feeling overwhelmed...

• Yep every day they are learning and developing a new skill. Its tough what worked as your secret weapon is now your enemy. It kills me when he fights to go to sleep or he wakes up crying and sounds like he is saying mommy. It will get better when he can talk and give me clues in ways to help him instead of playing the guessing game. It will get easier and there will be days you feel like you got this just focus on that and it will too be one of yout best days! :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome to parenthood.  Enjoy it when it's going well but always be prepared for it to change or go bad.  That's why you'll find I'm one of those rare folks who won't go on here whooping it up because DD or DS STTN.  Oh, and even if they talk it sometimes doesn't help.  Sometimes it makes it worse.  Imagine hearing the pain of your child crying coupled with "Maaaammmmaaaaa!!!!"  It literally can break one's heart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my... me too! It's really hard for me not to feel frustrated with LO sometimes. Obviously, I know it's not his fault. It's just so tough to have so many ups and downs all the time!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket
    Caleb Jonathan
    Born November 30, 2011

The Winking of an Eye
    A blog about the mommyhood, wifehood and lifehood of a misplaced Minnesotan in SoCal
  • Totally!  One night, he'll wake up only once to eat and then the next he's up every hour!  He'll eat 7 oz for one feeding and then only eat 2 oz the next!  What the heck?  Everything is a crap shoot-no rhyme or reason and it really drives me nuts!  I love him so much, but there are days that I hand him over to my DH and go for a long, quiet drive.  The joys of mommyhood!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YES! YES! YES!

Just as we're getting over one hurdle there is the next one kicking me in the A**..

DD and I just got over her sleep issues, went really well for about 3days and now teething is screwing it all up.. The worst part is: I do get frustrated and feel horrible because there is really  not much I can do for her pain. I have been crying just as much as she has.. maybe even more :'(

And what really irks me is when DH has her and she gets fussy he is so quick to pass her off and gets frustrated within minutes.He basically tosses her at me. And says shes being a little brat..umm no shes not, shes in pain,shes teething,shes sleep deprived,has diarrhea,she isnt eating well etc.

A lot of the time i feel defeated and  i'm running around like a chicken w/ my head cut off and dangling behind me..

it comes with being a mother and this too shall pass.. im just glad we support and pick each other up on here..

• jat11jat11 member
    YEP! but i'm pretty sure he's going to make me feel like this forever :) but everytime i see him smile or laugh at me it makes me feel like i'm on the right path and doing him right.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just said this to DH last night...I start to feel like I have the hang of things and then everything changes. Like some PP, I do get frustrated sometimes too and it makes me feel worse. And I get really jealous of the people who say that their babies are on a schedule...everyday is different with DS no matter what I do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"