Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Rice and STTN!!!

Okay I know people say that feeding babies rice doesn't help with STTN. I beg to differ. I just started DD two nights ago on rice and the first night she woke up once and last night she STTN. I was so happy when I got up at 5:45 and she was still sleeping!!!Big Smile

Re: Rice and STTN!!!

• Options
    It isn't the rice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish this were true for me.  I started putting rice or oatmeal in every one of LO's bottles for reflux and he is eating twice each night now instead of once!  Backfire!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemabenner1:
    It isn't the rice.

No one knows for sure if it helps or not as they have not conducted large scale scientific studies to prove or disprove the hypothesis. It is all anecdotal evidence.

We gave our DS a bit of rice cereal a little over 2 mo. (the pedi Ok'd it too) and DS started sleeping 5.5 hour stretches at night instead of 2-3 immediately after the first night he got cereal. He then started STTN about 2 weeks later by himself. I will argue that the rice cereal did buy us an additional 3 hours of sleep. 

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagesmit5009:

imagemabenner1:
    It isn't the rice.

No one knows for sure if it helps or not as they have not conducted large scale scientific studies to prove or disprove the hypothesis. It is all anecdotal evidence.

We gave our DS a bit of rice cereal a little over 2 mo. (the pedi Ok'd it too) and DS started sleeping 5.5 hour stretches at night instead of 2-3 immediately after the first night he got cereal. He then started STTN about 2 weeks later by himself. I will argue that the rice cereal did buy us an additional 3 hours of sleep. 

And my son's sleep habits haven't changed one bit since we started cereal, and I didn't expect them to.

• Options
    imageMackalien13:

imagemabenner1:
    It isn't the rice.

ITA. 

yeah this. Your kid STTN for one night. He was probably just ready to do so. 

• Options
    I think they're all different and they all will react differently. Not sure that anyone can make a blanket statement whether it works or not conclusively. If it works for her great! 
    image image

• Options
    I beg to differ. It seems to work for some babies, and I've seen this happen to hundreds. Can't wait to start DS on rice cereal/oatmeal after his next visit to see if it will help him :)

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options

imagemabenner1:
    It isn't the rice.

Yes

It's most likely just a coincidence.  Around the time parents begin to try this, babies tend to start sleeping longer on their own.  With or without the rice.  It's empty calories that fill up their bellies with little nutritional value.

• Options

imageclara5878:
    I wish this were true for me.  I started putting rice or oatmeal in every one of LO's bottles for reflux and he is eating twice each night now instead of once!  Backfire!

Us too! Ughh we are waiting a few weeks to try again!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"