Blended Families
Options

anddd she wasn't even there... part II

for those who read/ were commenting on my "Can she seriously do this" post, it just got long and off topic, wanted to thank you all for your insight and opinions on the entire situation, it helped to be able to step back and look at all the issues and have the input of all you dealing with blended families

DH went to pick up SD this afternoon for our weekend visitation, planning to confront her and figure out what the plan was for easter sunday and BM had left 10 minutes before he got there (leaving SD with BM's husband) we don't know if she had to work or if she wanted to avoid a confrontation.

She will most likely call in the am to talk to SD, DH is going to address the easter issue then, tell her to grow up and stop hiding behind her attorney and discuss their current schedule like an adult.  at which point she will probably pitch a temper tantrum, we're both anticipating it so it won't be a big deal.

then we're going to do something super fun with the kids, maybe chuck-e-cheese. just in case we don't get SD next weekend for easter.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anddd she wasn't even there... part II

• Options
    I think it's a great idea to do something fun this weekend - just in case.  Enjoy it!

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options

She will  DH is going to address the easter issue then, tell her to grow up and stop hiding behind her attorney and discuss their current schedule like an adult. 

How about your DH approaches her in a calm collected manner, as opposed to attacking her right off the bat, I'm sure he will have more chance of success.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePhantomgirl:

She will  DH is going to address the easter issue then, tell her to grow up and stop hiding behind her attorney and discuss their current schedule like an adult. 

How about your DH approaches her in a calm collected manner, as opposed to attacking her right off the bat, I'm sure he will have more chance of success.  

unfortunately for us, 'playing nice' gets us nowhere, whenever we ask for something that she doesnt agree with (even if its black and white in the divorce agreement) she throws a temper tantrum like a teenage girl, cursing, screaming, arms flailing, the works.  half the time we don't even get the first sentence out before she's coming down on us. 

• Options

So when BM called to talk to SD this am, he answered the phone and said:

DH:"Hi, Just wanted to clarify that I will be picking SD up for easter next Sunday at 1:30"

BM: Well I don't really know whats going on right now the whole thing is up in the air

DH: I agree, but we both know nothing is going to be resolved by next sunday, so according to the agreement that we both signed that is still in effect until otherwise changed, we split easter day.  I will be picking SD up at 1:30 and she will be back by 7. Here's SD.

thats the recap he gave me after I got out of the shower, I'm really proud of him for actually standing up to her and not just letting her get away with this crap anymore (has been an issue in the past) It will be interesting to see if we get a phone call from her attorney this week. 

and we decided we're bringing the kids to see the Dr. Suess Lorax movie this afternoon! It will be DS' first time, so hopefully he behaves :)

• Options
    imageholly71087:

DH:"Hi, Just wanted to clarify that I will be picking SD up for easter next Sunday at 1:30"

BM: Well I don't really know whats going on right now the whole thing is up in the air

DH: I agree, but we both know nothing is going to be resolved by next sunday, so according to the agreement that we both signed that is still in effect until otherwise changed, we split easter day.  I will be picking SD up at 1:30 and she will be back by 7. Here's SD.

thats the recap he gave me after I got out of the shower, I'm really proud of him for actually standing up to her and not just letting her get away with this crap anymore (has been an issue in the past) It will be interesting to see if we get a phone call from her attorney this week. 

and we decided we're bringing the kids to see the Dr. Suess Lorax movie this afternoon! It will be DS' first time, so hopefully he behaves :)

I love this! He stuck to the facts and kept it short. This sometimes is the most effective way. Your H is putting his best foot foward to use the existing court order and that is probably the best thing till the changes are approved. Good for him!

• Options
    imagesocloudy99:
    imageholly71087:

I love this! He stuck to the facts and kept it short. This sometimes is the most effective way. Your H is putting his best foot foward to use the existing court order and that is probably the best thing till the changes are approved. Good for him!

exactly! he didnt even give her the chance to start with her little temper tantrum.  She already knew our plans were to pick SD up at 1:30 on sunday, we were just looking for a comfirmation that the time worked for her (which we attempted to do through attorneys and she completely disregarded it) I'm so proud of him for standing up to her and fighting for the time that is rightfully his!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"