June 2012 Moms
Options

2nd time moms who BF'ed: Nursing Tanks

Did you use them?  I am thinking of ordering a couple but not sure if they will actually be used.  I am guessing in the beginning you live in them though....
BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy

Re: 2nd time moms who BF'ed: Nursing Tanks

• Options
    I nursed for 9 months (November-July) and wore them daily. In winter I wore them under button up long sleeve tops and I wore them on their own in summer. I also slept in them. If you want to breastfeed, I find them essential. My fave were Gillian O'Malley full sling tanks from Target. The half sling tanks are not as comfortable. I have 5 I think, and I am getting a few more for this go-round. I'll use the old (and worn) ones for sleep/ around the house and the new ones for going out in public.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wore them 24/7 while BF I also like the gillian o'malley ones from target.  The ones from motherhood sucked!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a couple, however I only wore them at home.  They were cross-over style and you'd just pull the fabric down over your breast to nurse.  I'm more comfortable lifting a t-shirt up and keeping my chest covered so I never wore them in public for nursing.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wore them 24/7 also. At home I wore them by themselves and when I went out I always wore one under my shirt to keep my stomach covered when I lifted my shirt to nurse. Most of mine came from target. I really like the bravado ones too, they are pricey but are really supportive.
  • Options
    Great, thanks ladies!
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Options
    Another vote for the Target ones. I still live in mine (but that's because I'm still nursing). I have a few that are prettier that I wear out that are visible under a cardi, and a few that I'll wear around the house. I'm definitely picking up a few more. 
    Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • Options

I didn't use them at all.

They're not on my 'must have' this time around either.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I used the Target Full sling tanks as well. They are convenient, but don't provide any support in my opinion. I wore them for the first few weeks with DS and at bedtime, but definitely preferred a supportive nursing bra to the tanks. 

Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • Options

Lived in them. I started in the Target Gillian O'Malley ones, then found out the Walmart ones are cheaper and pretty ok, then found the Bravado ones are my favorites. I only have one of those because they are so pricey and I bought more Target ones for this baby.  

I bought more so I didn't have to do laundry every day.  I hated the full sling style.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I tried the ones from Target and Bravado. I hated them both.
  • Options
    I am larger chested and the only ones I could wear like a shirt was the Bravado ones.  The target ones did not have enough support.  I recommend waiting until the baby is born to buy them since you will get the best support if you are fitted.  All of the ones I bought before did not work once my milk came in and I did size up when buying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"