1st Trimester
Options

DIZZY SPELL; please read!

Hi ladies! 

So earlier i was sitting down on the couch skyping with my friend and in mid-sentence something didn't feel right, i got horribly dizzy so i thought i was going to throw up. So as i got up it's like the whole room was spinning! It was horrible, i could barely walk! I thought i was going to pass out!

I took a luke warm bath and laid down for a bit and everything eased up but i'm still a little off it seems!

Has anyone else experienced this? I hope this is normal, i googled it and it said it is but i wanted your ladies opinions! I go to the doctors tuesday so i will also mention it then!

Thank you so much!

H & H 9 months to you <3 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy calendar Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: DIZZY SPELL; please read!

• Options
    Could be a lot of different things- blood sugar? blood pressure?... I had dizzy spells a lot with my first pregnancy. Make sure to mention it with your doctor and pay attention if it happens again. Unfortunately "normal" is so different for ever person and every pregnancy!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have gotten some dizzy spells myself. It could be that you just got up to fast. That happens to me sometimes. I don't think it is anything to worry about. :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It can be completely normal during early pregnancy.  I get dizzy occasionally too, but have never come close to passing out.  Sometimes, it can be from low blood sugar.  If you're not already, try to have several healthy snacks throughout the day.  I would suggest mentioning it to your OB, especially if it continues to happen.  Best of luck to you!!  :)
  • Options

Definitely talk to your doctor about it, but I wouldn't worry about it in the mean time.  I always have that happen to me when I stand up.  Like, at least 3-5 times a week.  Last pregnancy, I even passed out in the grocery store.  I have no idea why, since it couldn't have been from low blood sugar.  I called my OB, and even though they had me move my appointment up, they weren't concerned about it at all. 

I hope you feel better!!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well i have been eating very healthy with snacks and so forth. Also when i felt that way i was still sitting down, i wasn't standing up at first, so that's what scared me, it came out of no where! I'm fine otherwise, i figure it's just all the hormones and what not! hopefully!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy calendar Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hey hun! maybe just try eating your snacks more often? your LO is hungrier a lot more often than you are :)
    V|V TSP V|V
  • Options
    This happened to be last week. It was really scary, do I know how u feel. I went to the md ASAP. Although they really weren't concerned about the lightheadedness, they were concerned about some pain I was having. If u r having any lower abdominal pain call them now (risk of eptopic), otherwise definitely tell them next week. Hope u feel better soon. 
    BFP #4 11/21/12 - EDD 8/2/12 BFP#3 Missed m/c 9 wk 3 days. D & c 4/27/12. :( BFP #2 8/10/09 - DD Born April 2010 BFP #1 Suspected Ectopic 4/09 - Methotrexate
  • Options
    I forget which baby website I got the email from but it was all about vertigo and it sounds like this is something completely normal that just happens in pregnancy.  I can't say that I've experienced it, but I can imagine that would be a scary feeling to experience out of nowhere.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    It might not even be related to pregnancy. Do you have allergies or a cold or anything? You can get fluid in your inner ear that can cause those symptoms as well.  Did you have a head ache at the time this happened? I think if it happens again, you should go on in and get checked out, or at least call the Dr. on call rather than waiting until Tues. It is probably nothing, but on the off chance that it is more serious, you wouldn't want to wait until Tues.  
    Happily Married to HS Sweetheart 10 yrs DS #1 8 yrs DS #2 6 yrs DS #3 2 years EDD for DS#4 11/20/12 (we are just assuming it will be a DS LOL!) BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    JKS21JKS21 member
    One time - earlier on, maybe 10ish weeks? I had two hot flashes/sort of dizzy spells in church. Got super hot and almost felt like passing out. I talked to my mother in law and she had them all the time, also heard of others in church when pregnant that had it happen too... hormones?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Tickerimage

• Options

I had this too very early in pregnancy - actually it was a dizzy spell I had while I was driving (!) that led me to test and get my BFP the next morning.

Definitely tell your doctor and try to take it easy - don't stand too much if you don't need to, and if you can lie down, so much the better.  Just think of it as your body's way of telling you to slow down. (But do tell your doctor)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"