Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Really? I told you not to wait! (Vent about bday party)

So tomorrow is DD's birthday party, and the first event we have hosted at our house since we moved here.  Its still "under construction" so not everything is the way most people have things.  Our middle bathroom didn't have a sink - well, I didn't think it was a good idea to have everyone over and make them wash their hands in the kitchen (like we've been doing for a year - but really I just wanted an excuse for a sink!) So I found a used one online and bought it last week.  Told DH to put it in last weekend, because I had a lot of stuff for us to do to get the house "party ready" and didn't want him doing it last minute.

Well, as you can already guess....its still not in.  Last week instead of doing the sink (what I classify as high priority) he decided to brick the area that we have our trash cans in.  Seriously?  Yeah it looks good.  But not a necessity.  He could have done it any night this week.  But no, he didn't.  So it is almost 9 and I still don't have a sink.  I want to enjoy tomorow, not worry about getting everything finished.  I have been up since 5:30 and going non-stop to get things just the way I want them.  yeah, I had to do grocery shopping and present shopping for DD...but I had planned on doing it today.

I'm just really angry because he always does this.  I'm tempted to just wrap DD's gifts, make the pasta salad like I planned, and then leave the rest of the house the way it is.  It's not much, but just a few small things that would make a big difference.  I bought a book last sunday, and still haven't been able to start reading it because I can't ever get any time for myself.  I know that comes with the territory of being a mom, I'm just upset and DD is now awake so I have to figure out what to do to get her to go back to sleep.  Ugh.  I will quit whining but I have to get it off of my chest. 

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Really? I told you not to wait! (Vent about bday party)

• Hang in there! I'm sure the party will be awesome! My DH procrastinates too. We got a baby gate for the top of the stairs beginning of January. DD learned to crawl this week while I visited my parents for a week. We're ready to come back Sunday. DH had all week to install it with no interruptions from us...is it in? No! Sigh...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • I'm sorry! I would be frustrated too. It will all work out! It will seem like a big deal to you, but no one will think twice about it! Enjoy your party day that you've worked so hard on! : )
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, men! I think they all procrastinate! I have to nag and nag to get DH to do things. I hate to do it, but it gets it done. Enjoy the party and try not to stress too much!!

• Yep, I get tired of asking and reminding, so I try to do it myself and wind up twice as frustrated.  I try to remind myself that usually the things that are bugging me aren't even going to be noticed by most people I have over.  Plus, we usually only have close friends and family over, so they know what's going on in our lives and are understanding :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies...I'm just upset because its a never ending battle.  He's working on it now but what do you know he has to go to wal mart to get parts.  GAAAH!!!! 

going insane.  

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think all men  are born with the procratination gene! But I learned about 3 days after bring LO home that my house will never be "perfect" again. I came the the resolve that I can't get everything done and others need to understand that. Enjoy your party and LOs big day and don't worry about the rest!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh how frustrating! I get frustrated with that too--it takes my husband FOREVER to do anything around the house. Our LO is crawling and standing--and we still don't have baby gates! I did make him get up with her this morning and spend the morning with her before her nap--and he quickly realized why we need the gates. She is a very active, curious baby and wants to explore EVERYWHERE--and gets bored of the areas that are childproof. (Usually he doesn't realize this because he works in the AM on the weekends)

Enjoy your party---I am sure it will be wonderful! 

My daughter is my hero.
  • Hope you got a chance to enjoy the party. At least the people you are having over are probably family and friends - at least I hope so if you invited them. My family knows that we don't have all the time it requires to update our house. We too have been in the process of fixing things up for at least a year. :)

Happy birthday little girl! I hope it was a fun party.

• Thanks everyone for letting me vent...it was a wonderful party.  I know everyone understood our house is under construction, but it just irked me...we had a lot to do that morning - getting tables from his dad's house, picking up the cake, decorating...Everything got done, I just wish I had more time to spend with DD on her birthday instead of getting ready for the party. :-( but it ended up being a great day, and she even took her first steps at the party - how cool is that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"