Baby Showers

Registering at an online store?

Re: Registering at an online store?

• imagetheresat858:

I'm registered at Amazon and BRU. 

I am too.

I know others that think it's easier to shop online and vice versa.  

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I thought about registering at Amazon because they have such variety and a lot of people like to shop online.  But I decided I didn't want the hassle of having to return anything through the mail.  So I registered at BRU and Target.  People who want to shop online still can and I can return items in person.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am registered on diapers.com.  I really like to buy from there.  It is just another option for people to buy from.  And for relatives and friends that are not close, it gives them an option to send something to me as well. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • With the higher prices at nearly every place, I felt bad thinking about registering anywhere other than Amazon. A lot of people are okay with online shopping and I'd feel like a huge jerk if I registered at BRU for an $80 item that could be bought for $60 on Amazon. I noted on many items where they're also available, though, but most things are online only regardless, which I don't really like but I can't do anything about that.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • I debated having an online registry but I knew that there would be a few people who wouldn't want to buy anything online and I also figured that since i'm such a last minute shopper for showers (and have to go to the store) that others may be the same way. Ultimately decided against it in the end. PP is right though, BRU is a bit pricier on some things but not all. I double registered for certain things at Target & BRU and then deleted the more expensive one of whichever list. It really was kind of a wash. GL on whatever you decide though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually have a couple of friends (and relatives) that do not have internet service because they just don't want it.  I have other friends/family that will not purchase anything over the internet.  If all of your guests are OK with buying from on-line retailers then go with it.  Personally, I prefer to purchase at a regular store and rarely, rarely order from on-line stores.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"