June 2012 Moms
Options

3 hour blood gluclose test.

So I was scheduled to do my 3 hour blood test tom. I will be 28 weeks this weekend. I came down with a really nasty cold over the last few days. My OB says to wait and not do the test till next weekend. Anyone else have the problem of being sick right before and having to reschedule it ? Can it really mess your blood levels up ? also at how many weeks have you had to do the 3 hours yummy test ?

Re: 3 hour blood gluclose test.

• Options

I just did my 3 hour test yesterday, after miserably failing the 1 hour.  So, I guess I was 29w1d.

Not sure about being sick- but I'm sure you could put it off a week. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have my 3 hour test on Monday, and I will be 28 weeks and 3 days. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had mine today at 30 weeks, 1 day.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If my 1 hour test comes back okay, I don't have to do the 3 hour test right?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I attempted mine on Friday at 29 weeks 5 days, but threw up the drink.  Going back on Tuesday for another go at 30 weeks 2 days.  If I throw up then, I will be set up for gestational diabetes.  In the meantime, I am trying to watch my sugars and carbs just in case.
  • Options
    I was 14 weeks when I did the 3 hour test... but I have a really strong history of diabetes in my family. And being sick can  really mess up your numbers... I have GD and am on insulin for it but when I am sick my numbers are always higher.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"