February 2012 Moms
Options

Oh my nerves :( working moms how do you deal?

I will be returning to work in 2 weeks when my DS is 10 weeks and I am an absolute wreck! He is my first child which I think is making this much much harder on me. I am returning to work to help support my family not because I really want to. Myself and DH made financial commitments based on a dual income so unfortunately I must return to work. After being with my baby for 8 weeks I cannot fathom the idea of being away from him for 9 hour days :( for all of you working moms is there anything that can make it any bit easier? My anxiety is through the roof and my emotions are all over the place when the thought of returning to work even crosses my mind. I swear I am not crazy I just certainly did not expect for it to be this hard on me! :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oh my nerves :( working moms how do you deal?

• Options
    I am in the exact same position. I go back in one week. I have just been spending as much cuddle time on the couch as I can and trying not to think about the looming day...
  • Options
    I felt the same 2 weeks before returning to work. I am now 2 weeks in to work and it is a little better. I had no idea how much I would miss her during the day. I have pictures of her on my desk and I look at them all the time and think about her. They help me get through the days. I don't have any real advice for you but people keep telling me it gets easier. Good luck when you go back!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I admit I cried when I dropped her off at my moms on my first day back. I thought my day would be a wreck but I was so busy that I even forgot to call and check on her until 10:30!  Do not watch videos of your baby!!!  You will cry. But do bring pics or maybe a blankie to smell or cuddle with. This helps especially if you are BFing. It gets so much better. 
  • Options
    I go back in a week. soooo not ready, but I have to keep reminding myself, I work for her, to support her. I  am hoping not to be a sobbing mess at work but to stay busy and for the day to go by fast so I can get home to her. You can do this, I find comfort in knowing she is with my sister who loves her.
  • Options

I went back to work after 12 days. I own my business (I'm a dentist), so if I'm not working then my staff don't get paid and neither do I. I found that it was surprisingly easy to be at work because we stay so busy I don't have time to think about him. It helps that I absolutely love my job, my staff, and our patients. Granted, the first couple times I kissed his sleeping head goodbye, I got teary. Now at 5 weeks, it is so much easier.

Another *fun* thing about being gone for a whole day. I feel like I come home to a whole new baby. Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like he grows so much when I'm gone a he looks like a more mature baby when I get home. 

Love my life with my high school sweetheart, our two Weimaraners, and our little boy. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I went back two weeks ago, & don't have TOO much more to add then the ladies above me. But I just want to tell you that it'll be okay!! I always thought I was born to be a SAHM (my mom was - it was all I knew) - well I had to go back to work also, & it's been easier then I thought. So if I can say anything, just don't think about it!! Just enjoy your two more weeks & remember the time away will help you appreciate the time you do have.

Him & I have hung out all day today (I wore him while getting a bunch of stuff done). And I honestly don't DREAD going in to work. :-) Again, enjoy these two weeks & GL!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"