August 2012 Moms

2nd shower

So I wasn't planning on having a second shower - especially since LO and DD will only be 21 months apart and we are planning on reusing all of her baby stuff. 

Well, a few friends of mine offered to throw either a second shower or do a 'sip 'n see' after LO is born. I really want to celebrate LO but do not like the idea of dealing with a party and a newborn so, shower it is. 

I am requesting it be made a charitable shower. That way everyone can come with a gift but I won't end up feeling gift graby and the gifts will go to someone truly in need. My friend suggested simply printing off immediate needs from a local charity and including these with the shower invitations.

Thoughs? TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: 2nd shower

• The charity list sounds awesome. Consider with my daughter I was in a homeless shelter I really think that would be great :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How about a diaper shower?
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that is a great idea.  I would looking into which charities you are hoping to donate to and make a simple "suggestion list" of items they are in need of.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I think that is a great idea!

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• thats a great  idea!

• Well... I think it's a sweet idea and so I feel bad saying so, but I don't really like it this! For one, I guess it just doesn't really make sense. A shower is to shower you with gifts to prepare you for motherhood, which this would not be doing. Also, I think the reason people don't like second showers is because you're expecting your friends to buy another gift, which this would be doing even if that gift isn't technically for you. Many people will also feel like they should get something off the list PLUS a gift for you. I kind of think that if you are really afraid of coming across as gift grabby, you should nix the shower altogether. You can always print out that list and encourage your friends to donate, I just don't think a shower is the appropriate venue.
  • imageReilly626:
    How about a diaper shower?

Yes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"