Cloth Diapering

Can't use Charlie's soap... looking for something else?

I have been using cloth diapers for 6 months. the first 4 months were with all free and clear. DD did wonderful. No rashes, no blisters perfect! However the diapers were getting that funky smell so I decided to try charlies, I prepped my washer and made sure to follow their directions etc. However since then I can only get a day or two of the diapers before she gets blisters...I've tried doing extra rinses, and stripping the diapers...the charlie's is the ONLY thing I can figure is causing this... I'd rather not go back to All Free and clear because it didn't get rid of that smell (Charlie's did) so what do you ladies suggest?

I've heard of Rock n green... anyone have thoughts on that vs Charlies or All F&C?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Can't use Charlie's soap... looking for something else?

• did you try using a little less charlies, add a water softener (calgon) and do an extra extra rinse?
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I've tried those things. Honestly I'm just done trying with Charlie's. It shouldnt be this difficult. I use it for all our clothes so its not even a possibility of that being an issue. in the last 2 weeks she has spent 80% of her time in sposies because of these blisters and getting them healed up and such. so frustrating.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard great things about Rockngreen and ecosprouts (which is what  I have on the way)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have repelling issues with Charlies, so I don't use it. I tried All F and C today, and when I opened the washer door after it was done, I smelled poo. First time that's happened, so I won't be using that. I've been using Ecos lately, but I'm not thrilled with that either. I'm learning that what works for one person may not work for another. One person LOVES a certain detergent and a second will hate it. Seems you just have to keep trying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used Arm & Hammer Sensitive with great results up until about 2 months ago when our old top loader died and we had to get a new washer.  With our new front loader we began getting serious buildup and stink from the dipes using A&H almost immediately - no amount of rinsing or stripping solved it.  I was so bummed - I had that old wash routine down to a science!  I've since switched to Country Save and it seems to have resolved the issues.  I'm happy again!
    imageimage
  • We started with Purex F&C. It worked great for awhile then we had repelling and build up. We switched to RnG (Classic Rock) and we were okay, but eventually had the same issue only not as bad. Come to find out we have hard water. Now either RnG CR with a tbsp of Calgon, or just RnG Hard Rock does the trick.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"