Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Crawling

When did your baby start crawling?  My daughter has not yet but we're working on it.  She'll get up on her knees like she's about to and then she'll look at you and laugh and get back down on her belly.  We put toys in front of her so maybe that will motivate her, but if she can't reach it, she'll do a 360 on her belly and grab another toy that is closer.  I'm just curious because I know some babies don't crawl they just go straight to walking instead.

Re: Crawling

• Options
    DD is a little over 7 months and not even getting up on her hands and knees yet.  Not worried at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options

army crawl- 6 months

all-fours (kind of- it's more like he's riding a skateboard on his knees if that makes sense.  He is on his left knee and pedals with his right foot)- 7.5-8 months

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD1 started to army crawl at 7.5 months and traditional crawl at 8.5 months. DD2 did the army crawl at 5 months and traditional at 6 months.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    J was doing the 360 and push up stance a little before 6 months...started doing hands & knees rocking from 6-7, tried the bear crawl stance at 7 months, then finally crawled at 8 months! He's much more content now which I love!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Army crawling at 7 months and started getting up on hands and knees and hands and feet at that time too.  However, she's just now looking like she's going to really start to crawl.  But she's been pulling up to standing for a few days now.  Standing before crawling?  Every kid does things in their own time!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

6 months.  He doesn't so much do a traditional crawl, but he is already standing himself up on his own now. 

• Options
    Army crawl at 5 months and hands and knees at 6, she also started pulling up on furniture at 6 months
  • Options
    jani7jani7 member
    DS is just barely shy of turning 8 months and still isn't crawling.  I'm getting a tad worried but remind myself that every baby develops differently and he will crawl when he is ready. 
  • Options
    C started crawling on Monday & will be 8 months next Friday. He will do both an army type crawl as well as with his belly off the floor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Round 1, C 18 months =) Round 2! TTC #2, Cycle 1 image Oversharer extraordinaire:Blog
  • Options
    DS could backwards army crawl only at 6 months, which infuriated him. Pulling up to standing at 7 months, cruising at 7.5 months. Thought he was going to skip crawling and then he just randomly did the traditional crawl last week, one day before turning 8 months. Now he crawls all.day.long.
  • Options
    Army crawl at 5 1/2 months. Full crawl 2 days before 6 months and pulling up at 6 months 2 days. She advanced so much in 3 weeks. Now she is walking around tables and letting go and standing freely. I'm scared! Lol. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

All fours - 7m

Starting to crawl backwards - a week later

Starting to crawl, with correct form, backwards - 7.75m

Army crawl, sort of, forward - almost 8m

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    She started crawling at 7 months, a week after figuring out rolling. Now she's pulling up and I already miss the days when I could put her down and have her stay put!
  • Options
    7 months, 1 week old. This was just a few days ago. hehe
  • Options
    My DD didn't start crawling until 9 months. DS started crawling right when he turned 6 months. Honestly, it's so nice when they're immobile! Once they start crawling they get into everything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    5 1/2 mo . Like a pp said she did it all at once. Started crawling and pulling to standing the same day.
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    My DD is a champion at going in circles and going backwards. Or, she'll roll to get where she wants to be. She has been trying to get her knees underneath her, and succeeded the other day....but her face was still on the floor. :p she's just shy of 8 months, and I know it will come in good time :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    7 1/2 months and full on crawling.  Fast little bean.  She did pull herself up to standing first and is now doing trust falls.  Lovely.
  • Options
    DD started crawling on her hands and knees last week. She doesn't do it often, but if you have a toy she wants, she'll go after it. She'll be 6 months in a week.
    My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Options
    Dd just rolls everywhere she wants to go.  Ds didn't crawl till he was 10 months old, and that was army crawling.  He never really crawled on all fours, by the time he did he was walking. I'm not worried about Dd crawling at all, she's a chunk so I'm sure thats slowing the process down. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Every baby learns in their own time. Enjoy the this stage because when they get going they DON'T stop. My LO started at 6 months and doesn't stop till he sleeps. It's fun but tiring.
  • Options
    Crawling at 6 1/2 months old.  Cruising at 7 months.  Walking at 10 1/2 months. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"