Success after IF
Options

Do you ever wonder why you get unfriended on FB?

In this particular case, I noticed that a SAIF'er unfriended me.  They still have tons of other SAIF friends...but not me. 

I honestly wish I didn't care...and it really is a petty thing...but it just got me to wondering why.  This was not a person I've ever had any beef with...but someone I wholly supported.  I'm not exactly a 'hot button' SAIF'er, and I honestly can't remember having pissed anyone off...so it suprised me when I noticed it.

Like I said, it is a really stupid, petty thing...and I am embarrassed to admit it, but it stings a little... 

So you ever wonder why you get unfriended on FB?   Or is that just me, being childish?

Re: Do you ever wonder why you get unfriended on FB?

• Options

I usually never notice.  Haha!  :)

The only reason I defriend people is if they post crap that irritates me ALL the time or if I find that I don't really KNOW them that well.  I don't remember deleting any SAIFers, but who knows.  

It wasn't me was it?   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageemiannie:

It wasn't me was it?   

Nope  Wink

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know someone unfriended me because I asked for votes to a photo contest I lost by FIVE votes and was probably a little annoying at the end trying to find the 5 people online to vote - so rather than vote she unfriended - whatev!! Kind of someone I wouldn't want to be friends with anyway - KWIM?

I unfriended someone because I saw them in real life - said hi to them and they couldn't be bothered with me. Another whatev - good enough to be FB friends, but not friendly in the real world??

In any event, I don't let it bother me unless I "talk" to them a lot, then I would send a message wondering what was up and attempt to clear up any issues there may be.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    I recently 'cleaned out' my FB friend list. I pretty much unfriended people who never showed up in my newsfeed and have never met IRL, or had any personal contact with anymore. Not just people from here, but old college people, work acquaintances, etc. 

If it was me, it wasn't personal:) Though I don't think we were FB friends. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I try to not give it any thought! You can't win 'em all!

I do have to say, I went to FB to make sure it was not inadvertently

me! 

• Options
    I'll double check and make sure I didn't mean to - I love seeing your posts, but for some reason they hardly ever show up in my feed.  Sometimes I do clean up my SAIF friends because I don't "know" all of them and really do try to limit it to the people whose names I recognize.
  • Options
    imagedana316:

In this particular case, I noticed that a SAIF'er unfriended me.  They still have tons of other SAIF friends...but not me. 

I honestly wish I didn't care...and it really is a petty thing...but it just got me to wondering why.  This was not a person I've ever had any beef with...but someone I wholly supported.  I'm not exactly a 'hot button' SAIF'er, and I honestly can't remember having pissed anyone off...so it suprised me when I noticed it.

Like I said, it is a really stupid, petty thing...and I am embarrassed to admit it, but it stings a little... 

So you ever wonder why you get unfriended on FB?   Or is that just me, being childish?

I wonder too.  I was unfriended by an SAIF'er too. I had no beef with her or her with me so I have no idea why.  

• Options
    imagedana316:

I had the same realization after the Davez incident that I was defriended by a SAIFer who thought was my friend. I can't help but say that I was disappointed and I was actually going to message her to find out why. But I never did and I've kind of let it go.
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I would honestly never notice.  I don't keep track how many i have - and even if i happened to look and notice one day - and then saw that number shrink - i'd have no idea who it was. 

I think you shouldn't worry about it at ALL - oftentimes people clean house and if that saif'er didn't recognize your real name she probably inadvertently defriended you, thinking she didn't know you (well.)  Don't sweat it!

Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options

Let me add that it wasn't anyone who still regularly posts on the board...and that I only noticed it because FB suggested we become friends ;-0

Does that make it a little less pathetic that it hurt my feelings??  LOL

• Options

I periodically clean house on FB...and delete people that I haven't had any FB interaction with in a long time (ie we don't comment or like eachothers activities).   I just don't like thinking that people have access to my pictures and updates but don't like or care enough about me and my family to put any effort in.  So I can be pretty brutal with my cuts.   And I am sure I have cut SAIFers, perhaps inadvertently,  especilay if I don't remember who they are on the board.  It is never personal, and I don't think too much about it because if I never put any effort into interacting with someone on FB, I wouldn't be offended if they defriended me, you know?  

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yep, it happened to me and at the time it bothered me.  In fact,  I stopped posting on SAIF for a long time because of it. I had a few SAIFers delete me after I announced my last pregnancy.  The pregnancy was a surprise and we had mixed emotions about it at the time.  I felt like I did not belong here (because I had not one, but two surprise pregnancies) and figured they felt the same way or maybe it was just a coincidence.  I was also dropped by the SAIF Facebook group.  I have never been anything but supportive, although, I am not one of the more "known" posters.  Oh well, can't win them all :)
    It took over four years to be diagnosed with PCOS. We TTC #1 for 18 months, did 5 rounds of Clomid and finally moved onto IVF...which worked! Throughout our IF journey, we suffered 3 miscarriages. We conceived both DD and DS without treatment.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelolalillie:
    Yep, it happened to me and at the time it bothered me.  In fact,  I stopped posting on SAIF for a long time because of it. I had a few SAIFers delete me after I announced my last pregnancy.  The pregnancy was a surprise and we had mixed emotions about it at the time.  I felt like I did not belong here (because I had not one, but two surprise pregnancies) and figured they felt the same way or maybe it was just a coincidence.  I was also dropped by the SAIF Facebook group.  I have never been anything but supportive, although, I am not one of the more "known" posters.  Oh well, can't win them all :)

I know you!  And I felt the same way as you for a bit because my first pregnancy was on a break between IVF's and my second was also a surprise.  I had mixed emotions about #2 at first and didn't feel right here with so many working HARD to get their BFP's.  But I quickly got over it because I love my SAIF girls. :)  Welcome back! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageemiannie:

I usually never notice.  Haha!  :)

This!

I go in fits and spurts on FB so I rarely notice that kinda thing.

I did wonder why I got blocked by a few people on here once when I finally figured out that actually I had accidentally blocked THEM.  Duh...

The way I look at it - sometimes I get sick of my own yammering.  I'm sure others do as well.  Not everyone loves everyone else all the time.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    imagedana316:

Let me add that it wasn't anyone who still regularly posts on the board...and that I only noticed it because FB suggested we become friends ;-0

Does that make it a little less pathetic that it hurt my feelings??  LOL

I just looked and I've bee defriended by a former SAIFer.  I wonder if it's the same person.  To be fair I had considered deleting her too...so whatevs.  

Are you and I even friends on FB?  I don't know. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagedana316:

Same thing happened to me...a SAIF'er unfriended me but is still friends with lots of other SAIF'ers.  And I only wondered cause people were posting here about pictures they saw on FB, but I didn't see the pics.  That's when I realized I was unfriended.  I wondered for a little bit and then just let it go.

And lollalillie, I'm in the same boat as you and wondered if I should still post here but it is what it is, ya know?  And I like keeping up with the girls and their kiddos.

I did run and check to make sure it wasn't me dana!  But nope, we're still friends.  :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sometimes I know why (even if I think it's stupid), otherwise I don't mind and assume it's nothing personal. I've defriended many SAIFers, and still have many I am friends with, and it's never been personal, just the result of cleaning house and I delete anyone that I don't interact with regularly. So of someone friends me and then never once comments or shows any sign of interaction for months, they may end up deleted when I'm going through my lists.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options
    I wonder if it's the same saif'er that I noticed deleted me recently. 
    After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

You are all too kind :) I still lurk but will definitely get back to posting more often :)  I just would hate it if I hurt someone's feelings.  I know that so many girls struggle to get pregnant again (if at all) and I have immense guilt that we were able to do so, twice.  I have always loved this community and the people in it :) 

It took over four years to be diagnosed with PCOS. We TTC #1 for 18 months, did 5 rounds of Clomid and finally moved onto IVF...which worked! Throughout our IF journey, we suffered 3 miscarriages. We conceived both DD and DS without treatment.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecharmcitygirl:
    imagedana316:

I had the same realization after the Davez incident that I was defriended by a SAIFer who thought was my friend. I can't help but say that I was disappointed and I was actually going to message her to find out why. But I never did and I've kind of let it go.

Ditto this.

Also, while I don't "keep track" I do periodically notice that I haven't seen someone's posts in a while, and then I check whether we're still friends. It always stings for me. I wonder if I said something to offend them or something, and while I really TRY not to, it always makes me worry. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but I don't seem to be able to change that.

• Options
    I was unfriended by two SAIF'ers, and even though I know it's pathetic, my feelings were hurt. However, I did email the one, and ask if I did anything to offend them, only to find out that they didn't intentionally unfriend me. I know that some of my FB friends have posted that FB was randomly deleting people from their friends.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My FB was hacked into and I lost a ton of friends.  I am talking over 100 people.  Unfortunately, I had so many friends that I can't remember who was all in that 100+.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was also unfriended by a SAIFer who is still friends with tins of others.  I figured it's bc I don't post a super ton over here anymore but I've always been very supportive.  Oh well!  I will still be supportive.  :)
  • Options
    I don't really pay attention, but if I were unfriended, I would assume it's because they grew tired of all the pics of my girls. ;)

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagedana316:

The same thing happened to me a month or so ago with a SAIFer and it did make me stop and wonder. Just liked you said above, I'm so totally non-drama and this was someone I have supported.

I like to think this person was just cleaning out their list and likely didn't recognize my real name. But yep, it did sting a little. But I'm moving on! :)

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have never noticed if I was unfriended, so I maybe I don't notice - but I do get super annoyed at certain people and want to delete them, but never have the guts.

It bothers me when I comment/like a certain person's stuff and reach out to them privately and yet get nothing in return.  I think it is just super rude.

I have recently made a business page and set up a charity, there are certain people who I have supported that have not yet liked my page and/or donated to my charity (after donating to their stuff and liking their pages) that will get deleted here soon. I just don't feel like I need them around if I support them, but they don't support me back.

• Options
    Dana, are you referring to me? I deleted quite a few people from my friend list a few weeks ago-saif'ers, HS, college friends and random aquaintences. I deleted over 100 people, and then got distracted somewhere in the list and stopped. No hard feelings. We never chatted on FB so I figured you wouldn't care. My apologies if it upset you. Not sure if it is even me you are referring to, but if it is, I truly didn't mean anything by it.

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• Options
    I have been de- friended and sort of wonder why.  Can't imagine that I ever did anything to offend, but I guess you never know.  
  • Options

imageALY1981:
    Dana, are you referring to me? I deleted quite a few people from my friend list a few weeks ago-saif'ers, HS, college friends and random aquaintences. I deleted over 100 people, and then got distracted somewhere in the list and stopped. No hard feelings. We never chatted on FB so I figured you wouldn't care. My apologies if it upset you. Not sure if it is even me you are referring to, but if it is, I truly didn't mean anything by it.

Nope, not you either Smile

I actually hadn't noticed that you un-friended me.  I did like seeing your 356 project...but that's fine. 

• Options
    I have been deleted by at least one SaiF member & yes it hurt my feelings. I felt the exact same way as you, Dana! I feel like I was a supportive fb & saif "friend" to this person. I am a total fb post & pic AW & post political things so I can understand why I might annoy people, but I was disappointed all the same. Oh well! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Dana- I posted something to your FB wall- I think it will make you chuckle.  ;)

• Options
    If it happens...I rarely notice.  And if I did notice..honestly it would not bother me at all.  Sorry it happened to you though.  :/
  • Options

I think there was a SaIF'er who let us know that she was de-friending everyone for privacy purposes. I can't remember who it was though.

If I ever do that to someone, just re-friend me. Sometimes I don't recognize names and get a little deletion happy.  lol!

• Options

I don't unfriend people very often, but I have such a horrible time linking FB names to nest names, especially if the person doesn't use their kid(s) name(s) or have siggy pics.  I could see myself deleting someone who doesn't post on FB much, only because I wasn't really sure who they were!

As for being deleted myself, I usually don't notice, lol.  If I did notice, I know it would hurt my feelings, even though it is not a big deal.  But, I post a ton, with lots of pictures, so I would understand if people thought I was being annoying.

I went through not that long ago and "unsubscribed" from a bunch of people.  Most were high school people or distant relatives that I don't really care to see their day-to-day posts in my feed.  This way, they are still my friend and I can see their wall, but I don't have all of their stuff cluttering my feed.  From what I understand, they have no idea that I did this, so their feelings won't be hurt.

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options

I am into a cycle of seeing the same people's posts all the time..so I comment or like their post, which makes facebook keep showing me their posts.  Because of that, there are several people from here that I "know" but I never see their facebook updates.  If they unfriended me, I wouldn't notice probably. 

I noticed one of my old coworkers unfriended me and I wondered why...then I found out she left her husband and was dating a woman now...so she ditched her old facebook account and set up a new one.  I am friends with her again...she had to refriend everyone that she wanted to remain friends with.

• Options

imageejgballerina:
    I was also unfriended by a SAIFer who is still friends with tins of others.  I figured it's bc I don't post a super ton over here anymore but I've always been very supportive.  Oh well!  I will still be supportive.  :)

This.  

Dana, I feel the same way.  I really enjoy looking at photos and updates from fellow SAIFers especially those (like you) that have kids the same age as mine or went through ART at the same time.  I feel like I am supportive and so non drama so my feelings get hurt when I get unfriended especially because I do not think I have ever unfriended anyone!  :-) 

• Options
    It does sting a little sometimes although I think I'm only FB friends with 2-3 people from here at this point.  Try not to let it get you down, although I know that can be hard.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I hope it wasnt me! Were we friends on FB?

I had put my account on hold for a couple of weeks and when I came back a lot of my friends were missing. A few people had friend requested me again and that is what made me realize some were missing. So if it was me (or even if it wasnt) please feel free to friend me!! :o)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"