November 2012 Moms
Options

Waiting sucks

I know most OBs won't see you till your 8 weeks or close to it.  I find waiting for this appt long and I'm antsy.  I am going off my lmp or what I think it was.  My periods have been anything from consistant. I guess I just want a Dr to tell me yes we think your edd is what i am guesstimating it to be, that everything is where it's supposed to, and it all looks good.  I still have 2 weeks to wait.  I guess I am just venting but this sucks. (yes I know..cry me a river!)
BabyFruit Ticker Find your aim in life before you run out of ammunition. - anon http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab306/Nanner777/?action=view&current=baby.jpg

Re: Waiting sucks

• Options
    I know how much it sucks, but it'll be here before you know it!  Smile  I have my first appointment on Tuesday, but it's only an intake with the nurse.  While there, I'll be scheduling an appointment with the OB for the following week, and then they'll do an u/s (standard for their practice).  I'm so anxious to see/hear that little heartbeat and let out that sigh of relief!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My Appointment isn't until April 19th.  The last two weeks has felt like months.  The next two are supposed to be very busy so I am hoping they will fly by.  I was so bummed when I called to make my appointment and the day they wanted to see me I will be out of town for work.  I wanted to cancel my trip so badly.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hear ya.  I was a little beside myself when the receptionist at my midwife's office said there is "no real reason" for me come in before 7-8 weeks.  Ahhh!!  I need someone to tell me I'm not dreaming this whole thing!  My first appointment is April 16th, so about 2 weeks left to wait...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I go to a fertility clinic and get an ultrasound at 6 weeks and 8 weeks then I am released to my reg ob and I am STILL antsy!!! I just want to make sure all is well. I read once they detect the heartbeat and your past 8 weeks risks go down as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. First u/s and appt on the 16th of April.  So hard to wait. I'm a nervous wreck especially after my first pregnancy ended in miscarriage ( blighted ovum). I just want to know everything is okay! Here's hoping time flies for all of us!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I guess maybe I'm just lucky or something? lol. My ob sees their patients at 6 weeks. (I think I'd die if I had to wait another two). I have my first appointment on Tuesday (my 24th birthday) I'm so excited!!! Also, my mom is the office manager for a crisis pregnancy clinic (that is medical) so I get a free ultrasound at 9 weeks!!!! eeek. I'm ecstatic! Good luck to you girls!!! 
  • Options
    I don't get to go in until almost 10 weeks! It's hard to wait, but at least when I finally do get an u/s it should actually look like a baby in there, instead of a little blob. At least that's what I'm telling myself to keep from getting too antsy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I completely understand.  Waiting for something this big and important is tough.  I too don't have an appointment until April 16th at which time I should be a little over 9 weeks,  I will admit, the time is going by faster this time chasing my toddler than during my 1st pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"