Preemies
Options

My second preemie has arrived!

DD#1 was induced at 34w2d due to preeclampsia. DD#2 decided mommy needed a change of pace, so I was on bed rest from 30 weeks on due to low AFI and IUGR. Last Friday I started to show early signs of preeclampsia again and on Monday my fluid dropped, so my OB decided it was time.

Our little Emily was born yesterday afternoon, tipping the scales at 3lbs 8oz, 17 inches. She didn't tolerate labor well so she was delivered by c-section. She is doing great- room air and no IV, while working on temp control and feelings. I've been able to attempt BFing twice, with some success. Otherwise the pump and I are becoming BFFs again. 

I really appreciate all of you who shared your IUGR stories! Looks like our girl will be in the feeder/grower club.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: My second preemie has arrived!

• Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    Glad that she's doing well! Congrats!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Congrats! 

My LO was born at 35 weeks exactly, for the exact same reasons (low AFI and IUGR, followed by early signs of Pre-E a few days before he was delivered by c-section).  He was 3lbs 12 ozs and 17.25 inches!  I could have written your post, basically.   

So glad your LO is here safely! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ashk7ashk7 member
    Congrats!! Hope you and baby are resting well! It sounds like she is doing great!! 
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!!  I'm so glad she doesn't need any breathing support (my 35 weeker wasn't so lucky).  Hope you heal from the c-section quickly and you both get to go home soon!
    image image image

• Options
    Congratulations!  She sounds so tiny...  I'll bet she is absolutely adorable!  I'm glad she's adjusting so well.
  • Options
    Congrats!! Glad to hear she is doing so well :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations! Praying for Emily.

• Options
    Not sure if I shared my story I think I went to post it and I got an error! haha Anyways, my daughter was IUGR born at 34w2d, very similar story to you with the pre-clampsia (I was in house doing the 24 hour urine that day!) My son "pulled the plug" though that night having decels due to the cord wrapping around his belly.  I had an emergency c-section within the hour. My daughter was 4th percentile at at 3lb 4oz, son was SGA (12 percentile) at 4lb 7oz. We are home after a 22 (him) 24 day (her) pretty uneventful stay. She is almost 5lbs now, he is 6 and 1/2 (they are 5 weeks old <:)
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"