Breastfeeding

Leaking is driving me CRAZY

So I seem to have an oversupply so I am leaking all the time.  I do not know what to do.  If the baby sleeps for a few extra minutes or we are somewhere longer than expected I begin to leak through my breast pads and on my clothes.  I am returning to work in a few weeks and I cannot be in a meeting and start leaking just because it is 5 minutes from when I was supposed to pump.  

Do you all have any advice on how to deal with this.  I want to keep breastfeeding, but I may have to start weaning if I cannot get this under control before I go back to work.  My work schedule is unpredictable (lots of off site meetings, etc...so my days are not the same everyday) so I cannot guarantee that I will be able to pump exactly every X hours.

Advice Please :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Leaking is driving me CRAZY

• kas80kas80 member

I still leak and my LO is almost 10 months, some people just leak more- though it does decrease as your LO gets older and your supply regulates.

My advice would be to get the lansinoh disposable breast pads and always carry extras with you.  It's a lot quicker to run into a bathroom to change them out then to pump.  I've found them to be the most absorbant.

You could also look for nursing bras with the extra breast pad in them (I know motherhood maternity sells them, it's listed as "removable breast pad" plus put your disposable in.  That way you have two layers of absorbancy all the time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Could you try doubling up on breast pads, like putting two in each bra cup so you have a double layer? I leak through my pads and onto my clothes at night sometimes, too, but not usually during the day though I haven't returned to work yet so that may change.

• Loading the player...
  • imagekas80:

My advice would be to get the lansinoh disposable breast pads and always carry extras with you.  It's a lot quicker to run into a bathroom to change them out then to pump.  I've found them to be the most absorbant.

This! And I usually carry a jacket with me so if I end up soaking through my shirt, I can just cover up till I can change my pads.

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"