December 2011 Moms

CIO WIN!

Yeah, I did it.  I let LO cry it out and he lasted 6 minutes before falling asleep.  WIN!  I'm not a huge proponent of CIO this early, so we were only going to let him go 10 minutes.  The whole reason we're doing it is because we're trying to get him to fall asleep on his own without nursing or rocking.  I'm super happy with the results!!  Yay!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CIO WIN!

• You are a lot stronger than me. I must be a wuss because I can't stand hearing him cry!
  • imageiluvmylab:
    You are a lot stronger than me. I must be a wuss because I can't stand hearing him cry!

This exactly! But my Dh keeps bringing it up. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried doing this with my LO. I never even left her side or stopped touching her and she cried soooo very hard for an hour and a half. I picked her up after she was crying for 5 min. and even then it was hard for her to compose herself. then the moment I set her down she started sobbing again. I dont' think this method works for my babe. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagembf124:
    I tried doing this with my LO. I never even left her side or stopped touching her and she cried soooo very hard for an hour and a half. I picked her up after she was crying for 5 min. and even then it was hard for her to compose herself. then the moment I set her down she started sobbing again. I dont' think this method works for my babe. 

My pedi suggested the CIO method for DD's naps and this is how she does. I quit doing it but he thinks I should try it again. I think it's pointless for my LO! 

• we're probably going to do it once DS hits 4 months for naps. he goes down at night easily, but naps are almost non-existent unless they are in his swing.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemtb21:
    We did it the other night too, it took less than 3 minutes! I'm going to keep trying it & hopefully he will go to bed soon without crying or rocking forever.

That's our goal too. 

• imageiluvmylab:
    You are a lot stronger than me. I must be a wuss because I can't stand hearing him cry!

Oh, it was soooo hard not to go in and pick him up.  On top of restraining myself, I had to restrain DH, he had a rough time with the whole thing.  Six minutes felt like FOREVER. 

• When you say "cry" is he full-on screaming or just whimpering/whining? I put DS down without rocking him last night and he whimpered for a few min but eventually fell asleep. If he was screaming though there's no way I'd be able to leave him like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageUAbride31007:
    When you say "cry" is he full-on screaming or just whimpering/whining? I put DS down without rocking him last night and he whimpered for a few min but eventually fell asleep. If he was screaming though there's no way I'd be able to leave him like that.

It was a full-out cry but not screaming-in-pain-cry.  It was hard to listen to! 

• Update:  Night time took him 3 minutes to settle down.  I'm so proud of myself!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KMLPKMLP member
    Awww, I wish my little girl would let me rock her to sleep.  It breaks my heart that she won't anymore and she would rather fall asleep in the rock and play or in her crib.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"