Stay at Home Moms

I figured out how to cut fresh baked bread...

...and I had to share. 

You turn the bread on it's side.  You can then cut it easily with no problems.

I am sure that most people know this, but I am so excited.  No more squished bread for us :) 

Re: I figured out how to cut fresh baked bread...

• I am laughing out loud right now because my husband loves when I hand him a piece of flattened buttered bread...because, for the life of me, I can't cut bread without smooshing it!  LOL thank you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It doesn't matter the method, my husband will smoosh the bread...  I've tried teaching him out to do this, tried using a super sharp knife, nothing works with him... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes leaning it on its side helps a lot also having a proper bread knife also helps, make sure it's a sharp serrated knife.
  • AHA!  Thank you for posting this!

My MIL will put me in charge of such a duty, and tell me how big to cut, when to cut, what to cut on, (grrr) but never how to avoid squishing it!

I'm as excited as you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelittlemermaid:
    Yes leaning it on its side helps a lot also having a proper bread knife also helps, make sure it's a sharp serrated knife.
    Buying a bread knife was the best thing I ever did. No more smooshed bread in this house!
  • You can also use an electric serrated knife- like for carving turkey...it works GREAT!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"