Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

opinions on quinny buzz?

anyone have this stroller? it's $120 off right now at BRU, and i've been seriously considering it.

about us and our stroller needs, haha: this is our first (and possibly only) child. we live in a big city. we walk everywhere and take the bus when needed. we don't have a car but a stroller that can fit an infant car seat is good for when we go home to visit family or when i do want to use a rental/co-op car. max i wanted to spend was about $600 (this is regularly $500 in canada). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: opinions on quinny buzz?

• Options
    terrible basket, air filled tires, lame canopy...can you tell i'm not a fan? i think you can definitely do better.
  • Options

thanks. i knew about the basket and canopy, neither of which concern me.

but why are air filled tires a problem? what would be better? clearly, i'm a FTM... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The air filled tires are really NBD, other good strollers have them, but if you have to replace them, Quinny charges dearly for them. Other air filled tires on other brands usually can be replaced with bike tubes and tires. Combined with good shocks, this is a great option. But, the only Quinny I like is the Freestyle, it doesn't seem to have the same construction as the Buzz or Zapp. But it's a beast and probably not good for public transport.

If this is your main stroller, the basket will be a pain. You have quite a few other decent options in this range. Oh, don't bother with the Maxi Cosi Foray, I've never seen so much sway and rocking in a stroller before, it's scary.

What about the City Mini, B-Agile/B-Ready, Mamas & Papas Sola, Mutsy Transporter, ugh, there are two other urban style that would work, but I can't remember the names for the life of me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"