December 2012 Moms
Options

Research

Has anyone started doing reserach yet? On birthing methods and practices? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to be informed enough to make smart decisions but it feels so overwhelming!

Re: Research

• Options

Pick up a copy of What to Expect when your Expecting. It will talk about some methods there.

Also, this may be a little gross but youtube. You can watch a lot of live births and learn about diffrent types of methods on there. Sure they are not scientific with facts, but it may help you to see from a live birth what happens sometimes.

TTC Since March 2010
    DX: Ovulation Disfunction DH:low volume, but good
    3 clomid cycles (50MG - 150 MG): No Response
    Femara (5MG) 2/2012: Weak ovulation BFN
    Femara (5MG) 3/2012: BFP!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I second the book suggestion. Also, talk with others who have gone with different methods. The Mayo Clinic's Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy (book) has useful information as well. 

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Since we just found out I haven't had a chance to research anything yet. I have a couple books and they're on my list of things to start reading this weekend. I'm curious to hear other suggestions (now and in the future months).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just another reason for me to get a kindle/nook! I don't want anyone to know what I'm reading until I'm ready to say!!
  • Options

imageJTink0609:
    Just another reason for me to get a kindle/nook! I don't want anyone to know what I'm reading until I'm ready to say!!

I told DH the samething yesterday, he didnt buy it. Stick out tongue

TTC Since March 2010
    DX: Ovulation Disfunction DH:low volume, but good
    3 clomid cycles (50MG - 150 MG): No Response
    Femara (5MG) 2/2012: Weak ovulation BFN
    Femara (5MG) 3/2012: BFP!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageJTink0609:

This is the reason why I bought the nook the other day! :)  Happy reading!   

BabyFruit Ticker Find your aim in life before you run out of ammunition. - anon http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab306/Nanner777/?action=view&current=baby.jpg
  • Options
    What to Expect was my lifeline during pregnancy #1. When I felt silly about something, it was right there in plain English. Since I have been through thbis before... I would like to have a similar birthing experience (minus the induction - I was 41 weeks). Back labor + pitocin = whoa nelly. I got the epidural and plan to again...it made my birthing experience so much better.
  • Options
    imagesarahaaron08:

Pick up a copy of What to Expect when your Expecting. It will talk about some methods there.

Also, this may be a little gross but youtube. You can watch a lot of live births and learn about diffrent types of methods on there. Sure they are not scientific with facts, but it may help you to see from a live birth what happens sometimes.

Honestly, WTEWYE is one of the books that goes into worst case scenarios for everything. 

The Best Birth and Your Pregnancy Week By Week are a little more balanced.

Also, OP - if you're looking into med free birth, check out the Natural Birth board. They can be a little..out there... but they have some knowledgeable people who can explain it all very well, or I can help too.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    imageDebateThis:
    imagesarahaaron08:

Honestly, WTEWYE is one of the books that goes into worst case scenarios for everything. 

Also, OP - if you're looking into med free birth, check out the Natural Birth board. They can be a little..out there... but they have some knowledgeable people who can explain it all very well, or I can help too.

Thanks everyone! I will check out all your suggestions. I have looked at the Natural Birth board but haven't posted over there yet.

• Options
    imageJTink0609:
    imageDebateThis:
    imagesarahaaron08:

Thanks everyone! I will check out all your suggestions. I have looked at the Natural Birth board but haven't posted over there yet.

I can probably give you an extensive reading list of NB-friendly books, too. At one point (before we discovered IF) I had wanted to get my doula certification so I had started reading a zillion of them. 

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options

the mayo clinic book is great, but if you're looking for some direction with birthing methods, and you're considering natural vaginal birth, home birth, birthing centers, midwives, doulas, etc, i just watched "the business of being born" and "more business of being born", which you can rent on their website or through amazon, and it helped me get a better understanding of the options.  i may watch the one about doulas and midwives and stuff again (it's one of the modules on "more business of being born")...but it really helped me.  i think i'll be doing a hospital birth in all likelihood, and i'm always open to however the baby is supposed to arrive, but i want to do a natural vaginal birth and at least have a doula. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"