Parenting
Options

Anyone throw an easter egg hunt?

Tell me all about it.  I'm thinking of putting one together last minute for next wed for about 10-15 kids from 6-7p.  What do I need to know?

Re: Anyone throw an easter egg hunt?

• Options
    Lots of eggs, I had they each find a predetermined amount.  I put candy, gold fish, stickers, etc in the eggs.  I also had parents that wanted to donate stuff.  Also make sure they bring a bucket, I had gotten them buckets from michaels, but didn't have that many kids
    Kelly- Mom to Katelyn Rose and Ella Ann Formerly MichBride2004 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How many did you have them each find? I wish I had stocked up on the eggs after easter last year.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will be this year - so excited! We will probably do about ten to fifteen eggs each and then some eggs in the baskets I'm making.
  • Options

I'm throwing one tomorrow, totally last minute.  Each parents bring a dozen pre-filled eggs per child, decorating the backyard with balloons,and paper banners, I picked up small baskets at the dollar store for each kiddos, also decorating cookies/eggs. 

My neighbor has 2 bunnies that she'll be bringing over for the kids to pet/have photos taken with. 

We are having 7 kids.  

• Options
    I think I did about 10. I on.y had about 8 kids so each kid found their specific color of egg since I had a variety of colors. We also decorated the buckets with the foam letters and Easter stickers
    Kelly- Mom to Katelyn Rose and Ella Ann Formerly MichBride2004 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Plans for the older kids! Last year the older kids were running around taking all the younger one's eggs. We had the eggciting egg spoon game and potato sack races which the adults participated in too. We also set up an egg dying table outside. We had prizes for winners of games of course.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I NEVER thought to do this but I am totally doing it next year, thanks for the idea.  I love this b/c it can be fun even for DS' friends that are not Christian.  Have fun.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    A prize for the "golden" egg is always a large chocolate bunny. The hunt is started in waves. Youngest kids get a head start, the an older group, finally the oldest group. Hunt is always for kids under age 10. Older than that are allowed the hide the eggs. All families that participate bring a minimum of 12 eggs per child filled with candy, but everyone always brings more.
  • Options
    I took DS to a twilight egg hunt friday night at a friend's house. It wascso fun and I hink we 're going to do oe next year. They each had to bring a basket and flashlight and there were about 35 kids there. Each child found 10 eggs and then were able to find more once everyone had gotten their 10. Next they got a card with a picture of a specific egg on it thatbthey had to find and once they id, they got a prize. Last there were 5 golden eggs hidden that had bigger prizes or the kids that found them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"