December 2012 Moms
Options

PN Vitamins +DHA?

Our doctor recommands Nature Made PN vit Plus DHA which you can buy OTC. Is DHA really that important? On the label it says it may help support eye/brain development?  

What do you guys think and what PN are you taking?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PN Vitamins +DHA?

• Options
    I bought the Target brand (Up & Up) gummie with DHA. I went for the chewable because regular multi-vitamins make me naseous. I haven't started with morning sickness yet but I didn't want to give it a reason to show up!
  • Options
    I take One a Day or Target Up and Up PN w/DHA, an additional 500mg calcium and 1000 mg vitamin D3 (Dr's orders)   I'm no expert on DHA but if the Dr. tells me it's good for the baby, then I'm on board! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I take target prenatals and a DHA supplement.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was taking Nature Made with DHA, but it contains red 40 which has been linked to ADHD in children so I bought Rainbow Light prenatal. I'm not planning on adding a DHA supplement.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My Dr gave me a RX brand of PNV back in November, but she said that if I wanted to take an OTC brand then to make sure it had DHA. Most of them do anyway so I listened to her advice.
  • Options
    I take the Target gummies.  I have a tough enough time swallowing pills, and I know that even thought I was OK swallowing the PNV while ttc, it would only be a matter of time before I would not be able to swallow them at all.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lycihlycih member
    I've taken a fish oil/dha supplement for years, well before I even started taking PNV for TTC.  There's a lot of other benefits to DHA to you, not just the baby, so I plan on continuing to take mine. 
    Also, I take the vitafusion gummy prenatals, which I love.

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    imageJTink0609:
    I bought the Target brand (Up & Up) gummie with DHA. I went for the chewable because regular multi-vitamins make me naseous. I haven't started with morning sickness yet but I didn't want to give it a reason to show up!
    Exact same here!
  • Options

DHA is really important because it can help with baby's cognition and brain function/growth, nervous system and the eyes.  As an acupuncturist, I recommend whole food prenatal multivitamins for the most absorption, plus a good DHA supplement.  I am 4 wks (due Dec 8th) and I personally take Rainbow Light Organic Prenatals plus NewChapter Organics Prenatal Omega-3 (DHA).  All products by Rainbow Light and NewChapter are really great and I buy them through amazon to save money.  I do the subscribe and save but I tried both brands' prenatal vitamins before choosing the RL ones and then subscribed to save money.  The NewChapter ones were the best I saw for the DHA, because they are made with wild Alaskan salmon, which is really low in mercury and great for you.  RL also makes a DHA pill though and it is supposed to be good as well.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"