Secondary IF
Options

Anyone have an HSG?

I saw my RE for the first time yesterday and he wants to do an HSG. I was just wondering of those who have already had one done could you please let me know how the procedure went. He thinks I may have blockage and I am now just waiting for my period to start so I can schedule an appointment.

Thanks so much!!!

Re: Anyone have an HSG?

• Options

I had one done due to possible risk of scar tissue (my appendix burst).  It was uncomfortable and I didn't have any blockages.  I strongly urge you to have DH go with you, my mom went with me. 

You probably be leaking for the rest of the day as the die drains out.  The good news is that as everything drains out you start to feel much better.  

Just expect some cramping. I have heard you should take some ibuprofen before you go, probably not a bad idea. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

a lurker here (sorry).

I had an HSG and strongly recommend it.  I did 3 IUIs with no luck and then an HSG.  i had small blockage but the dye cleared it out.  Next IUI I got pregnant!   It really makes a difference so if he even suspects for a minute you might have blockage-  please do it.  They also say that since it "flushes" your tubes out, you have a higher risk of getting pregnant for the next 2-3 months.

It is very uncomfortable but it only lasts 2-3 minutes tops.Be sure to take ibprofen before you go and not a bad idea to have someone with you - if anything for moral support!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!! I will definitely have my husband come along and take some Advil before going.
  • Options
    JMayJMay member
    I did mine a few months ago - October I think.  I made a huge deal of it before hand and really, it was no big deal.  We were done before I realized we'd started - the RE points at the screen and says - "see, here it goes"  and I replied "wait, that's me? Happening right now?"  I didn't feel a thing!  I had a mini 2 day bleed after that with super mild cramps, but it was really a breeze.  GL!
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    I have had two And it wasn't bad at all. The second one I even went alone. Take some ibuprofen before, it is over before you know it!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The actual procedure was painless for me.  I started having some cramping after, but it was nothing that some motron didn't fix.  I took off the rest of the day (which I am glad because I had leakage and needed to wear a pad).

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    It was a little painful during, but the whole thing only lasted about 3-4 minutes! I had quite a bit of bleeding and leaking of dye immediately after, so I would recommend bringing your own pad with you (unless you don't mind the hospital OB ones!) I definately recommend taking some Advil or Ibuprofen about an hour before. I brought DH but they wouldn't let anyone into the room with me. Still nice to have someone with on the ride home!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"