2nd Trimester

team green: clothes question

So it looks like were going to be team green! :) im going shoping for baby things soon, its going to be so hard to steer clear of gender obvious clothes :(
anyway, does anyone have Advice on what size baby clothes to get and how much, I was a big baby and was straight into 0-3 months!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: team green: clothes question

• One of my friends was team green with all 3 of her kids.  She bought gift cards and another one of our friends went and bought gender specific clothes while she was still in the hospital, took them home and washed them.  That way they had gender specific clothes to take their babies home in, and for once they got home! I always thought that was a great way to do it.
    BFP #1: m/c at 8 weeks; BFP #2: DD born 6/9/09; BFP #3 m/c at 5 weeks; BFP #4 m/c at 8 weeks, D&E; BFP #5 DS born 8/12/12
  • we are team green and getting hand me downs from my niece and nephew... you can put a lot of boy clothes on a girl. and my niece has a ton of blue, green, red, white, etc... baby clothes. I think the pp gift card idea is great as well. and for the most part ou need onesies and sleepers which can be very neutral (think animals, prints,etc)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't buy much newborn.  We used a couple onesies and a sleeper before they grew into 0-3.  

I wouldn't buy much at all for clothes, honestly.  A few packs of onesies and some gender neutral sleepers is really all you'll need right away.  You'll probably get a bunch of boy or girl outfits right after baby comes, and you can always go shopping with the baby to buy cute boy or girl things.  Otherwise, I'd wait until a few weeks before your EDD and buy the pink or blue things, making sure it can be returned.  Then send someone to return the things you don't need.

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was Team Green with my first. Buy both girl and boy footy pajamas. Keep the receipts and don't wash them.  When you get home, wash the stuff you are going to keep and return the rest.  Or wash it all beforehand and donate what you don't need.

DD lived in footy pajamas for her first few months.  Get a few newborn size and more 0-3.  She only got dressed up for company so she really only needed a few cute outfits. 

• I didn't find shopping for gender neutral clothing was difficult. It was great because had DS#2 been a girl the items that I had from DS#1 still were netural to wear (less buying) . Both my boys were in 0-3 months when they were born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Unless you have a teeny baby in the 6lb range, 0-3m clothes should be fine. They might be a little big, but they typically are anyway unless you have a 9+lb baby.

I got just a couple newborn sized stuff for our second child (a couple were gifted to us for our first) which was nice, but our 9lb2oz 3rd baby was too big for any of the newborn stuff. 

Also, I wouldn't buy a ton of stuff anyway. You will probably get tons of clothes for gifts once the baby is born. I had a good stash of yellow/green stuff for our first and I don't think she ever wore any of it because we were given so much clothes as gifts right away. Something to keep in mind. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • thanks ladies really appreciate the advice , i think i will buy some 0-3 sleepers and onsies and wait and see what gifts the baby will be bought after he or she is born! thanks a million!
  • imagesteph&michael:
    One of my friends was team green with all 3 of her kids.  She bought gift cards and another one of our friends went and bought gender specific clothes while she was still in the hospital, took them home and washed them.  That way they had gender specific clothes to take their babies home in, and for once they got home! I always thought that was a great way to do it.

Oooh, I like this idea! Big Smile

• I had maybe 4 or 5 newborn outfits and at least that many 0-3 outfits.  Once DS was born, my mom bought boy clothes and people started sending gifts.  DS ended up wearing newborn clothes for 5 weeks so I ended up needing more newborn clothing.  This time, I'll be using some of the neutral stuff again, but it's a completely different season.  I ended up getting a few neutral onesies and 2 or 3 short sleeve outfits.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got some great advice here and here. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"