2nd Trimester
Options

In between phase?

I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and I'm still not "feeling" pregnant.  I have a little bump but only I can tell.  I haven't felt the baby move and we don't know the gender yet.  I feel like I'm in such an in between phase. I get paranoid something is going on with the baby because I'm feeling weird aches and pains in my body but I know they're normal.  I just wish I'd start feeling somekind of movement to assure me everything is fine. It's also been hard for me to bond to the baby since I don't know the gender or haven't felt it move.  I'm hoping we get to find out the gender in a couple weeks and I'm sure they will help.

Anyone else feel like this?  How do you calm your paranoia?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: In between phase?

• Options

I will also be 17 weeks tomorrow and am similar.  I focus heard the heartbeat at my 16 week appointment and that has helped.  DH and I also called the baby skittle and calling the baby by their name has helped us bond.  Also know that I know baby can hear my voice, I am talking to the baby.  Not huge conservations, but good morning Skittle. You and mommy have lots of meetings today, so the baby will get used to my voice.  

We have four weeks before we learn the gender and I think I felt a flutter today.  I hear you on the little bump.  None of my clothes fit and a lot of maternity clothes are still too big for me.  I've heard this can be the most difficult time because your symptoms fade and you still can't properly feel the baby.

Hold tight, it will get better! 

• Options
    All of those things will happen before you know it. Just have patience and remember once the movements and kicks start...they don't stop! lol! You still have TONS to look forward to. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's not just you! I know what you mean. It's not so much that I feel like I can't bond with my baby (I love baby already!), but I would really love to be able to refer to baby as "him" OR "her" specifically. I want the daily reminders that baby's in there doing fine. I'm definitely not as scared as I was before I saw baby for the first time. Back then it was almost impossible for me to get truly excited until I knew for sure baby was doing well in there.I know what you mean with the little pains as well. When I'm in bed, I'm always so hesitant to roll from one side to the other because I know that as soon as I do I'll feel that aching in my hips or the occasional "pinching" feeling somewhere in my pelvis. Even though I know it's normal I'm like "oh god, what did I do?"

My paranoia is mostly calmed just by the fact that I remember how terribly paranoid I was prior to my first ultrasound, and how baseless that paranoia actually was: when I saw the ultrasound, baby was moving and I saw the heartbeat, so there had been nothing to really worry about the whole time. I'm really hoping I start feeling some movement before my A/S on April 23rd (I'll be right at 20 weeks). Just remember that you are doing the best you can for your baby, and that at this point, the danger he/she faces is very low. :)

March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I went through this phase and I bought a doppler machine so I could hear my baby's heart beat whenever I wanted. I went online and bought the sonoline B for $50. It was worth it for me. I'm not 27 weeks and I can feel him so I don't use it anymore.
  • Options
    You are definitely not alone. I am 19 weeks now. I may have felt the baby move once or twice, but I'm not even sure!! The biggest thing that bummed me out was when I had a small bump, but didn't quite look pregnant. I just felt like a chunky, achy lady. I guess we all go through this is some way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You're not alone. I'm18 weeks and have been told i've gotten fat by people im not close to, so i don't bother to correct them. I also feel flutters which may just as easily be gas Tongue Tied

can't wait for our next US which should be in a week and a half, so we can see LO again!

• Options
    Thanks for the replies, I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way.  I have a dr. appt. next week so I'm hoping to be able to see the LO to calm some paranoia.  Who knew being pregnant was so stressful?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"