Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

If money didn't matter-which one would you get?

Re: If money didn't matter-which one would you get?

• Options

The first one is on sale at TRU for almost the same price as the second.

Anyways, I like the first one better. FYI the lids do not latch. You can pick up a 4 pack of toggle bolts for about $1 to secure the lid on.

• Options
    I guess #1 bc it looks a bit bigger. The other one doesn't show a kid in it, so it makes me think that it's teeny. I didn't look at prices, but I'm assuming I picked the more expensive one :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    skioskio member

Well, #1 looks nicer and is a little bigger. So, if money were really no object, #1.

But I totally looked at the prices. And there are very few circumstances in which I would go with #1 over #2, considering the similarities. TBH, they're so similar that price would be the only deciding factor for me, and I'd get the cheaper one.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Neither.  They are both so small.  There is nowhere to play AND you can't tell them apart.  They look identical. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
  • Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member
    imageougrad1:

That's way too big...  We live on a hill and have a limited amount of flat space-which we use for a pool in summer.

Plus, we only have one kid (and are one and done).

But it's nice!

• Options
    We bought a couple of the first one to donate to an auction. It is smaller, but I think it will work just fine. I haven't seen a child actually play in it though. It's really lightweight. I actually built ours since I needed a strange size.
  • Options

imageand now for something completely different:
    We bought a couple of the first one to donate to an auction. It is smaller, but I think it will work just fine. I haven't seen a child actually play in it though. It's really lightweight. I actually built ours since I needed a strange size.

I'd love to build one...exactly what I want because they are so expensive.  I've been looking at this one forever but, can't bring myself to buy it....yet.

I bought one at Target years back before the babies and it was just to small even just for Emerson back then. 

• Options

We have the first one and it works well. It blends into our backyard patio and "decor" nicely so it's not an eyesore. It's quite attractive. I wasn't sure DS would even like it when I bought it so we went small. He does like it so I have a little regret at not buying something larger/fancier, but for the price it's done really well. Both kids still fit in it, although it's getting tight. It also depends on how much space you have, how many kids will be using it, etc. 

ETA: I see that it's only mainly for one kid. Then it's perfectly fine. If you have a TRU, they usually have it in stock, so you can check it out to make sure you think it's a good size. We bought ours there 2 summers ago. 

• Options
    I would still build one without a bottom.  That way if you forget to cover it you don't end up with a sand lake.  We did one out of cedar and it looks nice.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageougrad1:

imageand now for something completely different:

I'd love to build one...exactly what I want because they are so expensive.  I've been looking at this one forever but, can't bring myself to buy it....yet.

I bought one at Target years back before the babies and it was just to small even just for Emerson back then. 

It's really not as difficult to build as it seems. There are some good, free plans on the internet too. I used composite boards (like for decks) which is made from mostly recycled materials and no splinters:)

• Options

I like the first one....seems to me it would fit more into a lawn that was more landscaped than the second one.

I feel like the second one is ugly with the red top. 

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like the first one. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    If I wasn't looking at prices, I'd get the first one. I like how it looks better, and it is larger (even though it's still pretty small).
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    they look the same. neither appealed to me. so whichever's cheaper.
  • Options
    We have the first, but we bought it on Craigslist almost 4 years ago. I think we paid around $30-40. 
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    They look almost identical to me... I think you might be over thinking your sandbox purchase. Go with the sale one?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We got this one for $10 via craigslist a few weeks ago: https://www.step2.com/p/Crabbie-Sandbox

I would get the cheaper one if you're buying new, and definitely make sure to check CL first. hth

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    We have the first one and I am very happy with it.  The cover stays on yet is still light enough for Olivia to lift it herself.
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

I like wooden boxes better. This one is cute for a smaller box. I really like that the bench is storage. I am going to show it to DH and might order it this weekend.

I also really like the ones that the top folds up to form the bench. Those look more comfortable for me to play with DS, which I'm sure he will want from time to time.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    imagehmp&mrj:

I like wooden boxes better. This one is cute for a smaller box. I really like that the bench is storage. I am going to show it to DH and might order it this weekend.

I also really like the ones that the top folds up to form the bench. Those look more comfortable for me to play with DS, which I'm sure he will want from time to time.

That sand box is adorable!!!

I also prefer the wooden ones over the plastic ones so I probably would not get either one posted unless I got a good deal on it used. 

• Options

Those prices are crazy, especially for something so small! SO built a great big sandbox for DD just last weekend for free.

That said, if price were no issue, I guess I'd go for the first one. It looks a little nicer to me than the second.

• Options
    #1 is deeper, almost 2x as much. It's a touch bigger, but the depth makes a huge difference to me. I'd go with the first.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"