Stay at Home Moms
Options

Organizing a recipe binder?

How do you all organize your recipes? I have a million & one cook books but I print out my favorite recipes and put them in a binder so I have them all available at short notice. I am trying to figure out what sections to divide everything up into. I've got basics like meat then subsections like beef, venison, pork, etc. But then I'm sitting here wondering if Pizza Crust goes in the bread section or somewhere else and if I have a recipe that calls for beef OR venison...which section does it go in? Any suggestions on how to divide this binder up?

Re: Organizing a recipe binder?

• Options

Mine is uber specific, I just have it divided as follows:

Appetizers/soups

Side Dishes

Main Dishes

Desserts

and then each section is put in order alphabetically, it's simple and works for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Most of my recipes I either rip from magazines, or print on the computer. I use a plastic accordion binder for them. I do beef, pork/lamb, poultry, pasta, soup, sides, appetizers, dessert, and also a miscellaneous. Some are ambiguous, but I just stick it in the section that I'm most likely to look under the next time. Like, for me, I would automatically check the "bread" section for pizza dough, so I'd put it there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I organize my recipe by season then course. For recipes like pizza crust they are go in the general section organized by course as well.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I am going to *attempt* to tackle my binder today and get it done :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"