3rd Trimester

Random things on your to do list...please share

As our remaining time dwindles, I'm trying to check more things off the to do list.  Other than the typical stuff like finishing the nursery, what is on your list?

Here are a few random things on mine:

-Thoroughly clean our cars inside and out

-Create a list of simple meals (along with grocery lists) for easy planning when baby arrives

-Slowly stock up on TP, paper towels, cat food, litter, toiletries, etc. so that we don't have to run to the store for necessities as much 

-Pick a baby announcement and update mailing list

-Buy some comfy postpartum nursing / lounge clothes and nursing bras

-Donate unnecessary "stuff" to Goodwill

-Download some new soothing music for me and baby to listen to on maternity leave

-Treat myself to a pedicure

-Plan a few date nights with hubby 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Random things on your to do list...please share

• Your list looks a lot like mine.

Some other random things I have:

-make sure the car always has a 1/2 tank of gas or more

-Deep clean the house/finish any little odds and ends/mending etc,

-set up a chain of communication with family for all scenarios to watch DS & our dog & our house when it's time

-pay bills well in advance for the coming month(s)

-call insurance, and have number ready to call them when DD arrives to add her

-add a bunch of movies/shows to my netflix queue for those first few weeks/late night feedings

-make sure batteries are fresh and installed infant swing/bouncy seat

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • omg batteries!! i didnt even think about this  thanks for the reminder that will come in very handy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • The batteries is a great idea!  I have to add that to my list.  Otherwise, my list is more Spring cleaning related:

- clean out my closet and donate some clothes to the Salvation Army

- wash walls

- clean ceiling fans

- steam clean furniture

- wash curtains and throw pillows

- clean out fridge and oven

- plant veggie garden

There'll probably be more as I go.  I've done a few other things already too - it'll be a work in progress over the next few weeks I'm sure.

ETA:  I also want to clean out my car super-duper good.  H is on his own if he wants to do is.  Lol. 

• I am lurking from the February 2012 board, but have to offer my advice!

Make sure you have Motrin in the house and your camera batteries are charged up. Also, one of the best things I did was make  bunch of freezer meals in 9x9 foil pans. I would cook a huge amount of ziti and then separate into the pans.  I also made shepard's pie, chicken pot pie, soups, etc. I find it so hard to make meals now so having them all prepared has been amazing. I also stocked up on things like frozen veggies, burgers, dogs and buns, and side pastas. This way I can easily throw burgers on the grill. 

I hope this helps!

• Have as much as possible done from ds #1 Bday party it's May 27 I'm due May 7th

Buy and wrap all my nieces and nephews bday presents for the May June and July bdays

Wash ds car seat, stroller, swing, bouncy seat, and play mat so they are ready for lo

Stock up on more food for easy to make meals

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • imageMrs.Mayhem:

As our remaining time dwindles, I'm trying to check more things off the to do list.  Other than the typical stuff like finishing the nursery, what is on your list?

-Create a list of simple meals (along with grocery lists) for easy planning when baby arrives

-Slowly stock up on TP, paper towels, cat food, litter, toiletries, etc. so that we don't have to run to the store for necessities as much 

-Download some new soothing music for me and baby to listen to on maternity leave

In bold - excellent idea! But great ideas overall... Also re: #7 aol.com has a great station for baby music: Baby Lullaby Radio

• imagecmurphy09:
    imageMrs.Mayhem:

In bold - excellent idea! But great ideas overall... Also re: #7 aol.com has a great station for baby music: Baby Lullaby Radio

It is also good to get paper plates, napkins, cups, and disposable utensils - I know it isn't 'green' but those extra minutes can add up to a nap ;op  

• - Finish decluttering the apartment (I wish we had done this ages ago and not just now!)

- Get through the rest of my semester

- Find a job for post-graduation... With any luck...

- Watch DH graduate with his BA after 9 years!

- Go to the Cirque du Soleil performance that we purchased tickets for a few months ago

- Potentially go to a good friend's wedding... Although that's really close to my EDD so we'll see.

- Stock up on post-partum supplies for myself

- Start being more active again now that the weather is being more cooperative 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"