Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

This metho is kicking my butt!!

Ok, I had the methotrexate shot on Tuesday. Left the oncology unit (I cried the ENTIRE time I was there. What a sad, wonderful place...) feeling a little queasy. That persisted for a couple days. I never vomited, just had the urge a few times. It wasn't anything to complain about. However, I have to force myself to get out of bed in the mornings. Once I'm up I'm okay until around three or so, then I hit this invisible wall. I'm ready to just curl up in bed at that point.

My question is, when does this end? Do any of you ladies have any experience with methotrexate? When do we get to start trying again? When did the bleed start and stop? Was it very heavy?

My doctor is being rather vague about it all, which is incredibly frustrating! I started spotting a little more heavily on Wednesday, but it's never been more than that. I'm beginning to wonder if I am in any way normal...ugh...

Re: This metho is kicking my butt!!

• Options

I felt crappy for a few days (the kicked butt feeling) and then better each day.  I totally relate to the hitting the wall feeling!   I didn't really bleed from it per se but I have a different scenario with the MTX than some so that is probably why.  I have dark spotting right now and my next beta draw is Monday.  I suspect (hope?!) this is pre-"period" spotting and my HCG is near zero?

I am so sorry for your loss and really hope you can get back to some normalcy as soon as possible!!

• Options

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time with it.  I felt normal after I had it.  I bled for probably 3-4 weeks afterward, but it never really got heavy and was sometimes more like spotting.  The highest my hCG got was 1800 and it took 6 weeks to get down to 12.  I got my first period a little over 2 months after the MTX treatment.  

I read online that you should not start TTC until 12 weeks after you get to zero.  I found this site helpful because my Dr sucked at explaining any of it.

https://www.ectopic.org.uk/index.php/patients/treatment/medical-treatment-methotrexate/ 

Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"