Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

If you have gone to the beach with a two-ish year old...

What kind of schedule did you follow as far as what time you went to the beach, naps, meals, etc.  He wakes up around 6:00 AM but I don't want to head to the beach before the sun is up!  Plus, I have no idea when he is going to be napping...will the beach wear him out so he naps earlier?  Will it be the same time as at home?  I just don't want to be a slave to his schedule while we are there but I don't want a total cranky pants either. 

image image

Re: If you have gone to the beach with a two-ish year old...

• Options
    We usually go just before or after lunch (if we go before we bring lunch with us) , and often the kids would nap on the beach. Or we'd just do a late nap at the house.
  • Options
    We are in the panhandle of Florida and try to go to the beach before 10 am or after 4 pm if the kids are going with us. The sunlight is just so strong between 10 and 2 that my pale babes can't handle it, even with copious amounts of sunscreen.  I can't really, either. The beach tends to be so stimulating that if naptime comes, he plays right through it, and then crashes the minute we leave. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are beach hors so we spend the day. They sleep otw home then sleep like champs at night.
  • Options
    We have a baby beach tent, so DS2 would usually sleep in there if he was super tired. My kids are used to not following a schedule since its what works best for our family since we are always on the go. DS2 will fall asleep anywhere if he is comfortable and DS1 is done napping or if he is super tired will fall asleep in the car. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We live less than 10 minutes away so going to the beach is easy for us. He goes down at 2ish, so we go from 9-1. I've ended up going out later and keeping him out past naptime which isn't a big deal. I would definitely plan on getting out of the sun and getting him down for a proper nap midday if you're staying at a hotel close by or something. If that isnt an option, you'll be fine with a big umbrella or you could go for a ride by the water and let him get some rest for a bit.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

In Mexico we only went to the beach after the afternoon nap - DD would get so dirty and sandy and I didn't want sand all over the house we were staying in and in her crib.

Our schedule was pretty much:

Breakfast at the house

Swim in the pool all morning

walk out to the town for lunch

back to the house to nap

Walk back out to play at the beach (also, the sun was less harsh at this time so less likely to burn)

Dinner out in the town

Back home for a little quiet time and bath and bed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"