Infertility

Help, I screwed up my menopur!

I did my first dose of menopur tonight and I totally screwed up! I was having trouble getting the saline even out of the vial and then in a panic, I ended up withdrawing all the saline and mixed it with the menopur!! Complete failure! How much do you think this will advservely affect my dosage?  I feel so stupid!

Re: Help, I screwed up my menopur!

• It shouldnt matter as long as you got out all the menopur. You My husband is a chemist and assures me that the dose of medicine will be exactly the same. are still receiving the same dose of menopur, its just that the more saline you have, the less concentrated with menopur the liquid is. So no worries! If anything, its just more of a burn when it goes in bc you are injecting more liquid.

Good luck with stims.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't worry, I did this once and freaked out & called the pharmacist.  The menopur dosage is still the same no matter how much saline it is in.  However, since it's a sub-q injection, you only want to inject 1mL at a time.  So, you if you have more than that you'll want to inject 1mL, pull it out, change the needle, and inject the rest in a different site. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • kmc84kmc84 member

imagedancinaggie:
    Don't worry, I did this once and freaked out & called the pharmacist.  The menopur dosage is still the same no matter how much saline it is in.  However, since it's a sub-q injection, you only want to inject 1mL at a time.  So, you if you have more than that you'll want to inject 1mL, pull it out, change the needle, and inject the rest in a different site. 

This, exactly! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I injected it at all at once in the same site!  Hoping I am a bit more successful with the meds today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"