April 2011 Moms
Options

Food Allergy

We are doing BLW with Chase, so we haven't introduced many foods in a careful manner, but today I was giving him peanut butter for the first time and I decided to be cautious.  I was paying very close attention to him and his reactions and he broke out in hives every where the peanut butter touched, including his eyes, since he rubbed them while I was getting a wash cloth to clean up his hands.  Poor little guy was itchy and miserable.  We called the pediatrician, who told us to give him some benedryl and bring him in.  

Luckily his reaction was pretty mild overall, if a bit nerve-wracking for Mommy and Daddy.  He's doing great now, napping because of the Benedryl.  We did pick up a prescriptions for an epi-pen, just in case.  At least we know. 

Chase was born 4/23/2011
Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
image  image image

Re: Food Allergy

• Options
    I'm glad it was mild!  I hope you never have to use that epi-pen.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My nephew has a bad reaction to peanuts. One thing I learned from my brother is to brush your teeth after eating anything with nuts in it. He made some joke about giving a kiss of death if he didn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"