Postpartum Depression

PPD/A relapse?

I also posted this on Parenting Over 35....

So here's a strange one for ya. Had a nasty bout of postpartum depression/anxiety with DD. It lasted nearly two years and went away on its own. I never took any medication. Now she is approaching 4 and I've been doing really well. Even considering getting pg with #2. Until today...

Took DD to BounceU and watched her on some of those more "dangerous" rides. Not sure if this triggered something in me or what, but since we left I have been experiencing a lot of my PPD/A symptoms (e.g., racing and intrusive thoughts of something bad happening to DD, shallow and rapid breathing, stomach pains, shakiness, feeling weepy). 

Has anyone experienced anything like this?  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: PPD/A relapse?

• I know how you feel. I had a very bad bout of PPD/PPA. I was on meds and in therapy right away and felt well enough to go off a year later.My son is 2 1/2 and I still  randomly I get back into a funk. Something reminds me of when I was dealing with the PPD, or of when he was in the NICU and I can spiral into a mild depression for a few days or feel on the verge of a panic for no real reason. I honestly feel like I am well. I am happy. I love my life but, I don't think I'll ever be the same person I was before PPD. I feel like I have triggers now that didn't exist before and IDK if they'll ever go away. 

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • Oh honey. I am so sorry you suffered for almost two years with this. Depression and anxiety are treatable--please reach out for some help. Whether therapy or medication or both, there are treatment options that work. Your OB or primary care doc would be good resources for a referral.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"