Postpartum Depression
Options

What if I never get better?

in June it will be a year since I started battling against depression, well, I have tried meds, and they sort of worked, but made me feel horrible physically, so I weaned off slowly, and now, I thought I was getting better, but today every one at work is asking me if there is something wrong with me, I feel it coming back, what if I never get better? what if I never love my son like "normal" mothers do? I feel torn right now, I just want to be able to love .... everything seems not meant for me, and I wish to have another baby but, I don't want to even try before I get myself fixed...and that day seems to be out of reach for me...
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: What if I never get better?

• Options

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. You will get better, just keep working on it. It has been a year for me too and I have great days and bad ones. I am just doing the best I can.

T&Ps

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

If you had diabetes or high blood pressure and the meds made things better would you wean off of them?

You need to be in active treatment to evaluate for a chronic condition.  And then stick with it even when you start to feel better. No miracles.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    well I wouldn't do meds if they made me feel sick instead of relief... what benefit could I get from taking them? don't you think?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry that you feel this way... If meds didn't work for you maybe you should to do some positive self-talk. Have you seen a therapist? It might be worth it to talk to someone who is trained in dealing with PPD. Call your ob's office.  They should be able to recommend someone to you. 

You're not alone.  There are plenty of us that understand what you're going through.

Married my Best Friend on 7/8/07 Welcomed our very own Little Miracle on 2/9/12 Life is GOOD...
  • Options

I am sorry you're struggling.

Are you in therapy? It's clear that you're not in a good place and need some help. Just because one medication didn't work for you (or caused bad side effects) doesn't mean there aren't other options.

Get back to your psychiatrist (or doctor or therapist) and tell him/her what's going on. You can absolutely feel better, but you can't be passive and just wait for that to happen.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"