Attachment Parenting
Options

advice on co-sleeping

I thought I'd post here to get your thoughts/suggestions.  Right now DD sleeps in her crib, and that seems to work well for our family.  Next month I have an off-site meeting for work, which will be 2 full all-day meetings and 1 half-day.  I'll have to drop her off at daycare right at 7am and then not get home until 6:30-7.  Since I'll be away from her for pretty much all day, I was thinking about co-sleeping for those nights to get more time together.  And I think she'll probably want to nurse more often as well.

My question is, since she sleeps so well in her crib, will this mess up her routine?  Is it even worth it for only a couple nights?  And, if we do it, what do I need to know about co-sleeping to keep her safe?  She will be almost 6 months old by then.  DH is on board with this idea and agrees that she might miss me less if I'm with her all night.

Thanks!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: advice on co-sleeping

• Options

I can't guess if it will mess up her routine.

If you want to try it, set up a safe sleep place. That means only one pillow for you, and only one light blanket above the waist. Ideally, you would be the only adult in bed with her - if you have a guest room, either use that or send DH there. Keep her between you and a wall or rail. You will probably instinctive keep her head at boob height. I tend to keep an arm around my baby, as well.

• Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member

First, you are talking about bedsharing, not co-sleeping.

Second, there are safe ways to do it... but be prepared if she doesn't want to go back into her own crib.  Are you willing to make changes to the way you sleep to do this for a few nights?  And possibly many nights to follow?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would absolutely go for it if I were you! I can't imagine being away from my LO that long and not get lots of good time with her at night! You can always try it for one night and see how it goes. I would be shocked if 1 night changed her entire routine that she's known for her entire life. 

Enjoy it! I never thought I would be a bed sharing mama but I LOVE IT and wouldn't have it any other way.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"