July 2012 Moms

Clothing on registry?

Sorry I'm asking a ton of registry questions lately but this is driving me crazy!  

Anyone have a registry guide regarding clothing? I think I've heard that it's typical to register for a range of sizes since babies grow so fast, but what does that range go up to and how many of each 'type' of clothing should you put on there? Or do some people choose not to register or clothing because people will always buy it for you anyway so you don't really need to include it?

Same goes for feeding stuff... even if you plan to EBF for a long time, should you still register for feeding stuff for use later on, like freezer containers if you plan to make your own food, and spoons, bowls, etc... ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clothing on registry?

• We didn't register for clothing with a few exceptions: Socks and swaddle blankets. I feel like people will buy us clothing anyway so I just didn't feel it was necessary to dictate what. Socks and swaddle blankets are musts though, and kind of boring, so IDK... those are just my exceptions! :P

I also didn't register for those types of feeding accessories either - I just concentrated on more immediate needs. However, if I notice my registries are getting scarce closer to shower time, I may consider adding some.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't register for any clothes for 2 reasons. One, I don't care for the clothes at BRU, and two, people who are going to buy clothes will buy whatever they want anyway.

I did register for some basic feeding stuff. It seems to be a popular gift category at showers, IME.

• Loading the player...
  • This is what i've been told in regards to registering for clothes:

Socks & onesies are fine. You are going to need them & you can never have enough. Short & long sleeve on the onesies, range of sizes. Other clothes, don't bother as A) You will get a bunch for the shower/as gifts/etc B) You really don't know how baby is going to grow so sizes may not fit  C) The clothes may be clearanced out/seasonal or unavailable at the store & people may not be able to find the specific ones you picked out.

As far as feeding items, I'm going back & adding sippy cups,etc (just a few things, not going overboard) as people can use them for 'filler' gifts or if I don't get them, i'll just use the completion coupon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"