Cloth Diapering
Options

Itti Bitti Tutto inserts prep!?

FTM here, and we are going to primarily be using prefolds and covers for our CDing, however - I did buy 4 itti bitti tuttos before I had decided on prefolds and would obviously still like to use those too.  Well I prepped my GMD prefolds, all is good there -- however, now I'm trying to prep the inserts for the itti bittis and no matter what, they seem to still repel when I run them under water!  I'm guessing this is not normal....help!?  FYI, they are the bamboo inserts.

So far this has been my prep process:
1. Cold water rinse no detergent.
2. Hot water wash with RNG
3. Dry
4. Hot water wash with RNG, extra rinse
5. Dry
*Still repelling
6. "Boiled" (not really boiled tho, due to snaps) at about 70 degrees C, with Dawn
7. Warm rinse
8. Hot wash with RNG
9. Dry

Still repelling!  :(  Am I doing something wrong, or will it just repel for a while? Should I just keep hot washing/drying?  Thanks for the feedback!! 
? J + J = 5/29/10.?
TTC since 8/2010. Irregular cycles after stopping BCP.
1st BFP! 3/26/11. Missed M/C - D&C 5/2/11.
Always missed: Our little Blueberry. It's Never Over.
2nd BFP! 9/3/11 on last unmedicated cycle! EDD: 5/11/12
1stBeta @13DPO = 289, 2ndBeta @15DPO = 619!
? Clementine Lorraine, we love you so much already! ?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Itti Bitti Tutto inserts prep!?

• Options
    IBT inserts have a stay dry layer that will repel water that is poured over them. They need pressure to absorb liquid (like from the weight of a baby's bum). My guess, is that will work fine once you put them on your LO.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    Oh! Thank you so much! :D  I was wondering if there was something like that going on! I really appreciate the feedback, thanks 100x! 
    ? J + J = 5/29/10.?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebugandbibs:
    IBT inserts have a stay dry layer that will repel water that is poured over them. They need pressure to absorb liquid (like from the weight of a baby's bum). My guess, is that will work fine once you put them on your LO.

This!  I had the same problem, it was driving me nuts. I even emailed itti bitti and they said they needed pressure and no prepping other than an initial wash.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLittle&BigPea:

imagebugandbibs:

This!  I had the same problem, it was driving me nuts. I even emailed itti bitti and they said they needed pressure and no prepping other than an initial wash.

Yeah, I really wish they would have written that on the packaging label somewhere lol....
    ? J + J = 5/29/10.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"