3rd Trimester

BOB Stroller - 2nd time mom questions!!!

Okay, here is my dilemma.

My husband and I are outdoors people... I run and hike... So, we bought a BOB for our upcoming addition. They sell a car seat attachment and we were just going to use the BOB for our main stroller because the car seat is easy to attach. I love the BOB and could totally see myself using it as our "only" stroller.

Well, my mother seems to think otherwise. She feels that we need a regular stroller. Because for some reason she thinks the BOB is inappropriate to bring into regular stores, mall, etc...  Therefore, for our shower she went out on her own and purchased us a stroller/car seat combo. While it is exceptionally generous it is not really what I had in mind. She basically had a complete fit when I explained that we were going to take it back. (A whole different issue, I know).

So, I have two questions:

1. For someone who has used the BOB as just a jogger/fitness stroller and had a separate stroller for everyday use. If you could go back and do it again would you just have a BOB. Or do you think that just a BOB would be okay as an everyday and fitness stroller?

2. Is there anyone who has used a BOB as a regular and fitness stroller? If so, did you like it or do you wish you had had a regular stroller as well? 

Re: BOB Stroller - 2nd time mom questions!!!

• We had both and to be honest we only ever use the BOB. I feel like the regular stroller that matches the carseat was a huge waste of money. If anything you could get a cheap umbrella for when the BOB was too bulky.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the bob but i also had a snap n' go stroller frame and an umbrella stroller. You could use it in the mall. I do use it with my son now when we go to the mall it's cumbersome but can be done. I LOVE the stroller but did need other options. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been through many strollers and if the BOB had been my 1st, it would have been my only.  I don't use a stroller often at the mall or any inside place, but when I do it's the BOB and it's fine.  I had bought a snap and go at a garage sale for $20, I may still use that if I go to the mall rather than the double BOB.  If you can get something like that it might be worth it, but the single BOB really doesn't take up that much room so it wouldn't be that inconvenient if it's your only stroller.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • I think the BOB would be fine for an everyday stroller.  If you were to have a second one to use at the mall or other indoor places, you'd be better off with a nice, lightweight umbrella stroller since that would have some advantages over the BOB.  I think it would be pointless to have a huge travel system stroller in addition to the BOB.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• We have a Chicco travel system and a Bob we got when DD was 6 months. Now we almost always use the BOB. The only time we preferred the Chicco was  when she was smaller and we frequently used the full recline or the food tray. It was good to out to the beach or something so she had a comfy place to sleep and eat. Now that she's bigger the BOB is more roomy and comfy for her.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I nannied for a family through college that had a BOB and it's all they used. I see them all the time in malls and other places off hiking trails and running paths ;-)

We just have a Phil & Teds Sport, no need for two strollers when one works well everywhere KWIM?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh and as someone who had a Chicco travel system (the stroller/carseat combo) with their first and the got the P&T shortly before #2 was born. I could never go back to a travel system. They're bulky, hard to maunever and I'd MUCH rather have had the P&T from the beginning and wish I'd never wasted the money on the travel system. We still have the carseat but we got rid of the stroller a long time ago and no regrets.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We have a Bob with car seat attachement and had a snap-n-go. Honestly, while the snap in go is smaller, it sucks to push around and doesn't turn well. You need 2 hands on it where the bob can turn with only 1 hand. My sister has the bugaboo bee and it is nice when they are infants because it fully reclines so you don't need a carseat. Kinda spendy though.
    IUI #1 9/13 with 50 clomid and trigger - bfn.
    Round 2, CD1 9/27 100 clomid days 3-7 - bfp!
    10/23 BFP! Beat #1 34, Beta #2 154
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagegarnet10:
    We have a Chicco travel system and a Bob we got when DD was 6 months. Now we almost always use the BOB. The only time we preferred the Chicco was  when she was smaller and we frequently used the full recline or the food tray. It was good to out to the beach or something so she had a comfy place to sleep and eat. Now that she's bigger the BOB is more roomy and comfy for her.

This is my thoughts, that is why we got a great deal on a barely used chicco travel system (2 bases, infant car seat & stroller for $100) then we got a barely used BOB (for $200) for when LO is about 6 months. I am also keeping an eye out for a snap n go.... because my car is tiny and I think that might be the easiest to transport. I guess I don't see that multiple strollers is a problem, as long as you don't have to buy them all new. It gives you options!

• We used our BOB for everything with our first child. We recently purchased the new double BOB as we are awaiting our second child any day now. Ours will be 16 months apart so a stroller is a must when we go out with both. We will be using the double BOB as our everyday stroller. The new ones fit through a single door way and is very easy to maneuver. Also we are using a different car seat (not the gracco) with it and it works fine with the adapter. 

We do have an umbrella stroller for our older child that we use now if we want something a little less bulky but the BOB has served us very well. Would definitely recommend using the BOB.  

• Those strollers that go along with the travel systems are awful and bulky.  I ended u selling mine in craigslist.

I absolutely love my BOB and use it for running, mall trips and everything else.  The basket under the seat is kind of small, that is probably my only complaint.  Make sure you get the one with the swivel wheel if you plan to use it for shopping. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I found the BOB too big and heavy for shopping. Plus I found it was too cumbersome for airports and travel. I ended up getting a Maclaren umbrella that I use for my everyday stroller for DD. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a BOB for my one and only stroller and i would not do it different!  It is no way inappropriate in a mall or store! In fact it's amazing. I have had times where I have too many bags and things to carry as well as pushing the stroller, and you can literally steer and push that stroller with one finger if you have to! and with ease.  I love it!
  • We have just the BOB jogger (with the swivel or locking front wheel) and it works brilliantly running, on trails, in crowds, and in the mall (not too big, turns on a dime, etc). I still use it to walk down to the store for groceries (we stack a few bags on it)  with DD at least once a week. The carseat attachment worked great.

No way would I want one of those small wheel travel systems in addition. Also, I find it super easy to fold and throw in my car. We do have a small umbrella stroller, but only used it once...instead I used a Becco or Bjorn carrier whenever we felt we didnt' want to use the stroller.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With ds1 we had a bumbleride flyer and a single BOB. I sold the flyer within a month of ds1 here bc we used the BOB for everything. I loved that single bob and used it for walks, runs, in the mall and to doctor appts. You can definitely use it for everything. It was by far the best stroller

Once ds2 came we sold the single and got a BOB dualie and that one I do not take to inside places. It's pretty good so we have a city select as well as a double bob. If the city select would have been out when ds1 came I probably would have gotten it. Mostly bc we always knew we'd have 2-3 kids and it would last us through all 3. I use it now mainly for ds2 as a single stroller and I will use it as a snap n go once ds3 gets here 

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagewinter-shock:
    I have a BOB for my one and only stroller and i would not do it different!  It is no way inappropriate in a mall or store! In fact it's amazing. I have had times where I have too many bags and things to carry as well as pushing the stroller, and you can literally steer and push that stroller with one finger if you have to! and with ease.  I love it!

Exactly this. The BOB is awesome.

I've used it for running, walking, mall use, the zoo, etc. It's perfect. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a BOB and use it as our only stroller.  We absolutely love it and I bring it to the mall all the time.  It is a little heavy to lift in and out of the car, but it's manageable.  When DD was in infant, we also used a Snap-n-Go, which was handy for quick trips to the grocery store, Target, etc.  But, it doesn't push or steer nearly as well, so we used the BOB 90% of the time.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. We have both and used the BOB with the carseat adapter (Chicco KeyFit) and as a regular stroller. We love it. We also have a  very lightweight MacLaren umbrella stroller for when the BOB is just too bulky  but DD could not use it until she was about 6 ish mos old and sitting upright with no help. You could use the BOB everyday but it can be rather large in smaller places (i.e. restaurants, etc). We had a cheap snap n go that we used when DD was very small (under 6 mos) for times like that. 

2. We LOVE our BOB! But it has been nice having another option.

3. I know you didn't ask this but TAKE THE OTHER ONE BACK! So expensive and stroller/carseat combos are a pain in the ass and still quite bulky.  Also, this will be a nice lesson for your mom to learn who is making the decisions when it comes to your LO. YOU. 

• Does the Bob easily fit in a car trunk?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"