Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Push Presents?

Did you get one? If so what did you get? I didn't get one and I didn't expect one DS was all the gift I needed or cared about at the time. But my friends BF promised her one and never followed through and she is mad!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Push Presents?

• I got a video camera. BUT I didn't expect it AT ALL!!! I had no idea what it was until AFTER I got it. :) I don't expect to get one this time, but knowing my BF, I'm sure I'll get one. He never listens when I tell him I don't need it.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had never even heard of a push present until TB. I got a beautiful DD, so that was my present.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ummm...I got a present but I also had DS on Valentine's Day, so DH told me it was a combo gift. He got me an amethyst necklace and earrings (DS's birthstone). I thought it was very sweet. I didn't ask for it. I did say that at some point I would like to get something with DS's birthstone in it but I wasn't necessarily saying RIGHT THEN. I was happy to get it though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• If your SO wants to commemorate the birth of your child with a special gift for you, I think that's sweet. If you expect it and call it a push present, that's just ridiculous IMO.
  • I got my "forever" watch with DD. Nothing crazy, but I plan to wear it for the rest of my life.  For this LO, I think DH will probably get me one of those Mom necklaces with the kids birthstones, since we're done after this.   

I understand your friend's feelings.  If someone says they're going to do something, they should follow through.  I'm guessing this is not the first time he's letting her down....or maybe this is a pattern of feeling under-appreciated. 

How long ago did she have the baby?  Is it possible he had to order something with the right birth stone??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got a diamond necklace when Emerson was born and nothing with the babies...I really think they on the silly side.

• I got a baby!
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Ugh....no, I did not get a push present.  They're kinda ridiculous.  Maybe tell her that he's saving it for mother's day and tell him to get his butt into gear for a fabulous mothers day gift.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsSRMrsSR member
    DH and I joke that it was my laptop... but really I needed a new one as mine was old and falling apart (plus they were on sale and I got a student discount).
  • New living room furniture... I would have insisted we buy it either way, but H decided to call it my push present, or um, put me under and cut me open present.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I did!!! For each one and I love it!  First time it was 6lbs 5oz, 19" long baby girl. Second time it was 7lbs 14oz, 19" baby boy. Best gifts ever.  

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • DH bought me a necklace later on in pregnancy, but it wasn't a push present, and I wasn't expecting it at all. 

• frlcbfrlcb member
    Who cares if someone gets a gift after they have a baby? Is it the term push present that is offensive? If they aren't spending my money I don't care what people buy or what they call it.
  • I got a necklace with DDs birth stone... I love having something small that commemorates such a special day! I plan to give it to DD when she is old enough.
  • My husband gave me a silver bracelet with DS's monogram on it. I haven't taken it off since I put it on in the hospital. It's very special to me.

https://www.ross-simons.com/products/444003.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
  • I got a Kindle as a push present for DS and am getting a woven wrap for this one. I didn't expect gifts, though- DH just wanted to get me something I would like and needed. I'm a practical gift kind of girl, though.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageand now for something completely different:
    If your SO wants to commemorate the birth of your child with a special gift for you, I think that's sweet. If you expect it and call it a push present, that's just ridiculous IMO.

i agree.  the concept is not new, but calling it a push present is recent

• I had never heard of such a thing EVER until I came on the Bump. 
  • imageSittingOnAMtnTop:

My husband gave me a silver bracelet with DS's monogram on it. I haven't taken it off since I put it on in the hospital. It's very special to me.

https://www.ross-simons.com/products/444003.html

That's actually really cute.  Maybe I'll buy it for myself.  :-)  I do think the tem "push present" is what makes me stabby.  That term just makes me cringe for some reason. 

• Got nothing and expected nothing, it's expensive enough just having a baby let alone 5: shelling out money on a push present
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    I had never heard of it prior to TB and didn't tell my DH about them.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I got my sweet baby girl and the joy of no longer being pregnant! Same goes for this baby, except a boy. I heard of them from Bethenny Frankel's show. I joked with my husband for one, but I wasn't expecting anything. 
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • I got a three stone diamond necklace from DH to symbolize DH, LO and me as a family. I wasn't expecting it and thought it was really sweet that he put thought into it. I wouldn't have been mad if he didn't get it for me.
  • I didn't get one or expect one, however I hinted to DH that I wanted flowers.  I didn't need some huge, expensive arrangement, he could have gotten me a $10 bundle from the grocery store, but he didn't.  This time around, I am hoping he gets the hint.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"