January 2011 Moms

Bicycle Trailer

Have any of you used one?  Did LO like it?  FIL brought one over yesterday and we have yet to try it.  Did you put a helmet on LO? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bicycle Trailer

• Would this require mom's lazy @ss to get on a bike and pull LO in the trailer? Sounds like too much work for me!

JK - I wish I could get into something like this ;) 

• I have not tried, it but I bet LO would love it. I would recomend a helmet, as I try and try and try to keep hers on her when she uses her bike seat that is attatched to my bike.

I bought one of those things that tracks your speed and distance for like 10 bucks at walmart, and her and i just take off sometimes.  Its great to just get out of the house, so im sure the bike trailer will be just the same.

Good luck getting a helmet on LO, your going to need it.  For some reason when I tell her its for her safety, she doesnt care. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've thought about getting one. I think it'd be nice to go further distances on our daily outtings. Right now we go to a duck pond 6 blocks away with the stroller, but there's a huge park a couple miles from our house I'd like to take the kids to without driving. I'm going to look on Craigslist first. I suppose I'd put helmets on them, but I doubt they'd keep them on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got an Instep trailer from target a few weeks ago and just started using it over the last few days. Before that, it sat in the living room and K had a blast climbing in and out. The trailer is a huge hit. He loves to chill and snack while I do all the work. He wears a little helmet and looks adorable. At first, he seriously fought the helmet, but I've figured out that it works best if I get him all situated and then snap it on at the last minute. There are only a couple infant helmets that I found (Giro and Bell) the toddler helmets were too big. I tried both the brands and found the Bell helmet to be easier to get on him.

I used to see quite a few trailers at garage sales and I probably would have gone that route, but I got impatient. Also, my DH is a cyclist, so I figured we would probably get our money's worth from a new one. Good luck!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"