1st Trimester
Options

Just got BFP yesterday, spotting today...?

Hi all! I got a BFP yesterday. It was kinda faint, so I took another one this morning and it was darker. (I know, I know... the line color doesn't matter - but it made me feel a little better..) anyway, tmi, but I had some light pink spotting earlier today accompanied w/ cramps and one instance of red blood, kinda dark, about a quarter size stain in my undies and some more when I wiped (brighter). No more blood but a little more light pink spotting since, the cramping has gone away completely. Any thoughts? Experiences? Reassurance? TIA
Spontaneous twins born @ 37w - 7/2010

Re: Just got BFP yesterday, spotting today...?

• Options
    I spotted up until 8 1/2 weeks, had a 10 week ultrasound and the baby was fine!  I'm not a doctor, but it could be implantation bleeding.  I had what I thought was a period early on, and that's what it ended up being.  Cramps could just be some growing pains.  I'd call an OB to get a confirmation, but chances are, things are fine!  Congrats!
    My pregnancy blog: Great Texpectations BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I don't mean to scare you but it could mean many things. A combination of waiting and speaking to your dr. is the only way you're going to know.

I had a similar situation and it ended up being a chemical pregnancy. I got a heavy period in my 5th week. This is not necessarily the case for you though. Others have spotting and are fine.

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This exact thing happened to me. I called the doctor that day and they checked my progesterone level which was low and that was causing the spotting. May be something to check into!!   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"