3rd Trimester

Cleaning Products

Since I see several fellow members are in 'nesting' mode. What are your must have cleaning items/products...

Also since we're on the cleaning subject, laundry - I learned a neat trick thanks to 'the chew' for getting underarm stains (gross I know-but hey I live in FL) out of white T's. Mix up a little peroxide with baking soda (enough to have a watery mixture), apply mixture with tooth brush, scrub area, let sit for 30mins & wash. I was amazed how fantastic it worked & CHEAP!

My Items:

Dyson Vac (love, love, love this purchase) does wonders for pet hair, refreshing air & dusting

Generic Scented bleach, for mopping tile

Tips for getting walls/doors clean is appreciated

Mr. Clean Febreeze for the bathrooms

Re: Cleaning Products

• I use comet for all my appliances (bathtub, sinks,) I use Clorox wipes on everything!  For walls, I mix mr clean with Febreze multi purpose with hot water in a basin and use a rag.  And I make my own laundry detergent. It works wonders.
  • imageExpecting girl 3:
    I use comet for all my appliances (bathtub, sinks,) I use Clorox wipes on everything!  For walls, I mix mr clean with Febreze multi purpose with hot water in a basin and use a rag.  And I make my own laundry detergent. It works wonders.

How do you make your own laundry detergent??

• Loading the player...
  • I use Mrs. Meyers. Just a little bit of the concentrate in a spray bottle, add water and you have a multi purpose cleaner. I use it all over the bathrooms, in the kitchen. The big bottle that I bought has lasted me FOREVER too.

I use vinegar and water mixture in my Shark Steam Mop for our tile floors. We live in South Florida so it's pretty much all tile here.

I do have the Lysol wipes for quick in cleanups/wipedowns in between weekly cleanings. 

• imagesgray8:

I use Mrs. Meyers. Just a little bit of the concentrate in a spray bottle, add water and you have a multi purpose cleaner. I use it all over the bathrooms, in the kitchen. The big bottle that I bought has lasted me FOREVER too.

I use vinegar and water mixture in my Shark Steam Mop for our tile floors. We live in South Florida so it's pretty much all tile here.

I do have the Lysol wipes for quick in cleanups/wipedowns in between weekly cleanings. 

Awesome. 

I wanted to get a steam mop but haven't yet. are you happy with it? I just moved from south Fl. I hear you on the humidity-we had carpet(ack!!) & finally switched to laminate wood before renting out the home. But it was so much better

• imagecmurphy09:

imageExpecting girl 3:
    I use comet for all my appliances (bathtub, sinks,) I use Clorox wipes on everything!  For walls, I mix mr clean with Febreze multi purpose with hot water in a basin and use a rag.  And I make my own laundry detergent. It works wonders.

There are so many versions of homemade laundry detergents, but I use borax, washing soda, and ivory soap. Google it to find the solution you like. 

Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCrazijewel:
    imagecmurphy09:

imageExpecting girl 3:

There are so many versions of homemade laundry detergents, but I use borax, washing soda, and ivory soap. Google it to find the solution you like. 

Neat! Does it save on $ by alot. The only thing I just thought of, what if you have sensitive skin? Is it still safe?

• Take care to not inhale the chemicals while you clean! I've been using Clorox Greensense products to clean during my pregnancy. We are also getting our carpets and upholstery professionally steam cleaned before baby arrives! 

• Since we use all natural products to keep a clean/healthy toxin free environment for our home and we also eat mostly organic I use mostly Meyer's cleaning products...my favorite scent is the lemon verbana....we use the dishwasher detergent, bathroom cleaner (foam spray), all purpose cleaner (floors), countertop spray, I, hand soap, dish soap, toilet bowl cleaner, have not tried their laundry stuff, got Kirkland (Costco's) brand natural detergent and its pretty good and rated well... LOVE the method wood surface spray, smells like almonds, also have method bathroom cleaner (like a creamy comet...meyers has a surface scrub like powder comet but have not tried that yet), I also use some 7th generation things...bleach, cleaning wipes and spray to wipe down surfaces or baby's toys which I also use rubbing alcohol for to wipe down play area mats/toys with.  That's pretty much it.

I NEED a new vacuum and am also looking to get a steam floor cleaner probably a Dyson vac and Haan steam mop

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • We try to stick with mostly "green" cleaning supplies like Mrs. Meyers and 7th Generation.  I am kind of nutty about it.  I just don't like having all those toxic chemicals if its not necessary.  When we first hired our live-in, I think she thought I was crazy but I am converting her! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't remember the last time I used chemicals to clean.  Maybe 10+ years ago when I was in college????  We use baking soda and vinegar for almost everything. I make my glass cleaner with water, olive oil, corn starch and vinegar and wood cleaners with lemon, olive oil and water.  Like a few of the others I'm pretty neurotic when it comes to toxins in the house.  I have a shark steam mop that I use on the tile and wood floors, a kirby vacuum for our carpets and a magic eraser for cleaning doors, cabinets, etc. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"